for the ninth

monday - 4:21 p.m.

taylor, gen and daphne came up to me that same day. i remember because after they talked to me they hurried to get to you.

"eli." a voice says firmly from behind the door of my locker.

"we have to talk." suddenly my locker is shut, revealing gen, daphne and taylor standing behind it.

"uh-okay." i said, my voice shaking. i have to admit, i was kind of intimidated.

we all walked toward the tables at the back of the quad, because we knew you never went there. we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"where'd you go eli?" taylor breaks the silence letting out a breath.

"we were all so worried about you." gen adds.

they all look at my with a sort-of hopeless expression on their faces.

"you guys, you don't have to worry about me." i say stuttering.

"but we do worry about you, eli. we're your friends." dapne finally chimes in.

"and we worry about aide." suddenly my heart starta beating a million miles per hour just by the sound of your name.

"you leaving, it broke her." taylor says softly.

"you broke her heart, eli." she continues.

"i, i didn't mean to. i just, i-" i'm cut off by my own shaky breaths.

"calm down, eli." dapne says.

"you're right, i did." i say.

"you should know that we're mad at you for that. it was a dick move." gen states. she's always had a thing for being straightforward, huh?

"but even if you're kinda a dick, we like you." gen continues.

"don't get us wrong, we like nick, but you and aide..." dapne trails off.

"it makes more sense." she finishes.

"you gotta win her back, eli." taylor adds.

"you're made for each other." gen jokes.

"i don't think she even wants to talk to me." i reply.

"she's upset, eli. you have to take it slow." gen explains.

"what am i even supposed to do? ruin her relationship with nick? he's my friend and she looks so happy. i don't want to do that." i continue.

"you know, even if she's with nick, she's still in love with you." daphne finishes.

"we're sure of it." they say in unison.

after that they told me what i was supposed to do and i told them where i went and what happened. (i'll tell you soon, aidey. don't worry.)

i just want you to know i left because i love you.

- eli

p.s.

i haven't hurt myself again since you begged me not to. just so you know.