Part 39

Arabella's POV
May
"We would like to announce, our newest principal dancer for the company, Arabella Mae Mendes." Mark announces to all the dancers that are in the main studio.

My eyes widen in shock as I managed to get the title of a principal dancer in only 4 months of being in the company.

"Alongside the previous ones Johnathan Galitzine, Sydney Lombard and Kyle Dunfrey."

"Alright, casting lists have been posted on the admissions board in the front of the building, please go look for which role you got, so you can follow the rehearsal schedule that will be emailed to you all later on and Remember that every role is important, what's a ballet with out the -" He says while we all finish his sentence.

"Corps de Ballet." with that he turns around and walks into his office, which is linked to the main studio. 

You pronounce it cord de ballet Incase you're wondering.

I walk to the locker room to take off my pointe shoes and packing my bag before standing up and grabbing it.

"Bella." I hear a voice, causing me to run around and smile, as I wait for Sydney to walk closer to me.

"I'm so proud of you, it's honestly amazing that you've become a principle only after four months, but it makes complete sense after watching you dance. You're incredibly talented." She says to me, causing me to giggle slightly.

"I wouldn't put it like that, but I'm very grateful for the opportunity, and I am very shocked as well, I was not expecting that."

"Okay well are you ready?" She asks, to which I nod, as we both walk out of the locker room together.

We both walk to the admissions board, to look at the casting list. I guess we took a while, since everyone has disappeared and are no longer crowding the board, like you'd assume they would.

I look through the surnames until I get to Mendes, and follow the line to the role I was casted.

Mendes A. -Odette
- Odile

My mouth drops open in shock as I look at the casting. I cannot believe I got the dual-role. The main role of the whole ballet.

Okay I understand that principle dancers get the lead roles! But honestly? They gave me the Biggest lead out of all the other principles! I don't know what to say.

Lombard S. - Queen Mother

I turn to Sydney to see her reaction, hoping she's not upset. I'm relieved to see the biggest smile on her face. She turns to me and literally jumps onto me. I burst out laughing once she jumps down.

"Oh I'm so excited, it's the role I auditioned with. That and the dual - role but I'm extremely excited that you got it!"

"Thank you Syd, who's playing your son?"

"Oh umm, I'm sure it's either Johnnie or Kyle."

"I'm guessing those are the principles that Mark mentioned? I haven't really gotten around to knowing anyone else."

"Oh trust me, you'll get to know them during this role, maybe even too well." She says winking, causing me to shake my head and laugh.