three

she sat there, in front of the boy holding the planchette, waiting patiently for a reaction

      she sat there, in front of the boy holding the planchette, waiting patiently for a reaction. she was hopeful that he would end up seeing her, but didn't want to get her hopes too high seeing as it may not work.

       when the boys face morphed into that of shock and his wide eyes stared through the glass circle and met hers, she felt frozen. she was incapable of movement because she knew that she was visible. the sensation of being seen and having eyes on her was one so distant and unfamiliar that when it happened she got chills.

       the boy continued to stare in awe. he didn't drop the planchette, he didn't move, he just... admired. he admired the moment and the soul before him. part of him believing that this wasn't real, but a dream.

       Colby and Dakota snapped back to reality when a voice spoke up, "Bro i know it's cheesy to say, but you look like you've seen a ghost."

      it was Jake, making a comment in an attempt to lighten the mood. Once Colby saw the girl and froze, the rest of the guys became tense. Colby didn't respond to the statement, he just handed the planchette to Jake who furrowed his eyebrows.

      Colby started at the now empty space in front of him, where the girl had been just moments before. Meanwhile Jake, Corey, and Sam all took turns looking through the planchette and at the girl in front of them.

      "this is fucking insane," Corey began to stress, "like none of this is real, we are all going insane and there is a fully functioning mental hospital with our names on it coming into our near future."

      the group of boys sat there for a couple of minutes talking. and by sitting around talking, it should be said that they were actually pacing back and forth arguing about wether or not they should leave the god forsaken park, or stay and get answers.

      by the time the bickering had settled down, it had been decided that they were going to stay and talk to Dakota a bit more. but this time, they were going to ask questions and have her nod yes or no in return as one of them watched through the planchette.

"i'll look through it," Colby announces. he earned curt nods from his friends and held the planchette in front of his face once more. The guys were going to take turns asking yes or no questions.

"when you died," Sam began, obviously hesitant about the question he was going to ask, "did it hurt?"

The three boys looked to Colby, awaiting his response. Colby, on the other hand, looked through the heart-shaped wood and stared directly into the emerald eyes of Dakota as her head bobbed up and down giving him his answers. a chill ran down his spine and a force of pity washed over him.

he turned to the anxious trio and gave them a nod. it did indeed hurt when she died. All four YouTubers were visibly shaken by that answer, leaving Corey in a position where he could easily get up and get the hell away from their current scene.

It wasn't a secret that these boys had a desire for the paranormal. Well specifically three of them, Corey would rather not be bothered. But what they has witness in Griffith Park is new territory, and something that scares them yes comforts them at the same time.

They are grateful that their encounter has been with a spirit that is kind and gentle and not one that wants to hurt them. knowing that information has made this discovery a bit easier, but scary nonetheless.

Jake was the next to ask a question, "are you able to see any other ghosts? like are all you spirits just partying out here?"

Colby watched as the girls entire posture changed. He watched her head drop down to look at their legs that were crossed in front of her. He couldn't hear it, but he could see her sigh before she looked back up and shook her head. She was all alone over there, and that hurt his heart.

It was Corey's turn to ask a question, and he was struggling to come up with one. It took a while but he finally managed to ask, "do you like being a ghost?"

Dakota thought for a second, unsure how to answer that question. She felt Colby's eyes on her as she pondered. It gave her chills, which was odd. She darted her eyes back to the night washed crystal blue ones staring at her and gave him a shrug.

"she doesn't know," Colby said.

"she doesn't know if she likes being a ghost?" Corey asked.

"yeah," Colby said returning his attention back to Dakota, leaving Corey to wonder about her answer.

"are you happy?" Colby asked, looking deeply into her eyes awaiting a response.

That question was a surprise. She wasn't expecting it. She sat there with her mouth parted trying to find words, trying to sputter up an answer for his to describe how she felt. only realizing that this was supposed to be a simple yes or no answer because they couldn't hear her. Colby noticed her struggle and notice her try to speak, making him wonder what her voice would sound like... what it did sound like. Dakota snapped her mouth shut and stared back at him, giving him his answer.

the slow shake of her head, and the energy she gave off at that moment was enough to bring a tear to his crystal eyes. He knew that she wasn't happy before he asked the question, so he was unsure why he even asked it. a part of him was just curious if the whole 'energy' thing was real and if they would really feel what she felt. And by asking that question and getting the answer he got he answered his own question.

And the overwhelming emotion he felt come off of her, made him feel connected to her. He wanted to help her, so she was no longer a lost soul.

———
YO HOES

i finally updated after like a century alsjaks

let me know what you think (((;
(not edited)
-m