Butterflies (1)

Pairing: Alex Høgh Andersen x Reader

Word count: 3,572

Warnings: Soulmate AU, mild cursing

Requested: No.

Summary: They say you can see your soulmate in your dreams... They also say when you see them in your dreams, that you'll see where you'll meet them... And when you're actually close to the person, you see colored footprints that only the two of you can see, the closer you are - the darker the footprints... What happens when Y/N keeps seeing the same place in her dreams? What happens when she goes on vacation with her best friend and she sees footprints in a place she least expects it?

You sat straight up in bed, sucking in a deep breath as you quickly look around. Letting out the breath that you were holding, you realize you were waking up from a dream and shake your head to focus your thoughts more. You grab your water from the bedside table and take a drink to try to help calm your nerves. Since you had been having more and more dreams lately, you had been keeping a couple bottles of water close by just in case you need one. Thankfully so, because it seemed to be helping this time. Glancing over at the clock, you notice it's almost 6:30AM.

"No use trying to go back to sleep now..." you mutter to yourself as you climb out of bed. You normally had an alarm set for 7AM, so you just went ahead and started your normal routine by starting to get ready for the day and having breakfast. While you were messing about in the kitchen, you heard footsteps walk in behind you.

"What are you doing up so early?" you hear your roommate/best friend Lexi ask you as you turn around to face her.

"Another dream," you tell her as you scrunch your face.

"Really? How many is that now?" she asks. You try to remember over the past couple weeks that you've been having them just how many you have had.

"10? I think," you tell her.

"In two weeks?" she questions you.

"Yea, about two weeks, why?" you ask.

"Y/N... you don't think..." she begins but stops before she finishes as she looks at you.

"Think what?" you ask as you raise your eyebrows.

"You know how people always say your soulmate is hidden in your dreams... You don't think it could be that... do you?" Lex asks curiously as you felt your stomach turn into knots. It hadn't even crossed your mind.

"I don't know Lex... I hadn't thought about that to be honest," you confess as you shake your head.

"Have you noticed anything similar in any of your dreams? Sit back and think about it for a minute," she encourages you as you sit beside her at the table and lean back in the chair. You try to think back over the last two weeks to all the dreams you've had, but it was difficult. It was like they all ran together before something clicked.

"Wait! Lex... actually there was this place in about half of them..." you tell her.

"Really?" she asks with a smile as you nod your head nervously, knowing what she was going to say next. "You know what that means, right?"

"I'm pretty sure I know what you're going to say, Lex, but say it anyway..." you tell her as you scrunch your face.

"This is so obviously where you're meeting your soulmate... Now, where is it?" Lex asks you.

"I don't know. I've never been there, but it's beautiful... There's a dark colored dome with white pillars... palm trees, a blue colored lake or pond with a fountain in it. And what looks like a large hill covered in a lot of grass and flowers... and I remember butterflies near there," you explain as you try to remember all that you can.