Alex Tattoo Headcannon

Alex wouldn't take getting a tattoo lightly. Being in the acting/modeling business, he would want to make sure it was something meaningful to him, something important.

You had a few yourself, so you weren't new to the process, which is why he came to you when he had questions, and you were happy to help in any way you could.

He tried to hide the nervousness he was feeling, but you could see it in his eyes, telling him he had nothing to worry about.

"Babe, I promise," you laughed lightly. "Everything is gonna be okay. I'll go with you if you want." You giggle as you watch him nod his head quickly.

You had called the person that had done all of yours and told him what Alex wanted and where and he had told you that he actually had an opening later that afternoon. You looked up at Alex with a smile.

"Good news, babe! He can do it today!" you tell Alex excitedly. You set up the appointment and hang up the phone before you turn your attention back to Alex and see the worry on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he tells you quietly.

"That's a lie... Out with it," you tell him. He looks up at you, biting his lip.

"I-i... don't like needles," he admits. You bite your lip to hold your giggle in, not wanting to make him feel bad, even though you weren't making fun of him. You thought it was cute.

"Alex... It's completely different from needle at a doctor's office," you explain.

"Promise?" he asks as you nod your head. You pull him into a hug and he nuzzles his face against your neck, making you giggle.

You take him to the shop later for his appointment. He's sitting in the chair as the artist, Max, puts the stencil on his upper arm. Alex takes in a breath as he pulls it off. "That where you want it? How you want it to look?" Max asks him.

Alex looks in the mirror beside the chair at his arm and nods. "Yea, that's good."

"Perfect," Max smiles at him. "Sit back in the chair for me, and just relax. We'll be done in no time." Alex turns his head to look at you standing on the other side of the room, worry in his eyes. You walked over and stood beside him, rolling a stool up beside the chair and sitting.

"What's up?" you ask quietly as you run your fingers through his hair, knowing that relaxes him. He closes his eyes as you do and takes a breath.

"Just nervous," he admits as you nod.

"Do you need anything?" you ask him. "Before he starts." He bites his lip as he looks at you and shrugs his shoulders. "What is it?"

"Can... Would you hold my hand?" Alex asks you softly making you smile.

"Of course," you tell him as you hold your hand out, letting him take your hand however he wanted to. He chose to weave your fingers together.

"Ready?" Max asks. Alex nods at him and Max leans in to begin on the tattoo. He steps on a pedal to send power to his tattoo gun and Alex jumps a little at the noise.You take your free hand and run your fingers just as Max begins the outline of the tattoo, and you do this repeatedly through his hair during the process to help him stay calm.

"Breathe, babe. It'll be done soon," you tell him. He asks you how much longer. "Not long. Maybe 10-15 minutes." He refocuses on his breathing and the feeling of your fingers in his hair and before he knows it, it's over. "All done! Look!"

He turns and looks at his arm just after Max has wiped away all the ink and blood, smiling at the Viking symbol now etched on his arm.

What do you think?" you ask. He looks up at you and smiles.

"So worth it," he laughs. You kiss his forehead before he gets up from the chair and thanks Max for his work.

"You gonna get another one?" you ask. He turns to look at you with a deadpan stare.

"Yea... not so sure about that.... Maybe... one day," he says slowly. "Maybe."