Chapter 4: New York, 2012

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends...We lost family...We lost a part of ourselves." Steve said as all of you, wearing ithe new suits, stand in the middle of the time machine. "Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other." He said as you look up at him and smile. "This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck." He said and all of you put your fists in the middle, like friends do when the put their hands on top of one another, then you guys stand back and stand towards the edges.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket said to Scott. "Right?" Scott exclaims. "All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jelly green." Tony said to Bruce, who was typing away at the control panel. "Tractors engaged." He said as Clint opens his hand, holding a shrunken version of the Benatar. "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked Clint. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay." Clint mutters but Rocket continues to stare at him. "I'll do my best." Clint said with a smirk.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket grumbles and you chuckle. The machine starts up and Bruce hurries over to stand with rest of you. "See you in a minute." Natasha said, smiling, and you guys tapped on the GPS device on your hands. Then the helmets formed over your heads as the machine turns on and all of you were pulled into the Quantum Realm.

The next thing you knew you were in the streets of New York way back in 2012, with Steve, Scott, Tony and Bruce. "All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone, down." Steve said as your Quantum Realm suits come off and revealed your normal clothes. "Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock. Feel free to smash if things don't go your way." Steve said when 2012 Hulk, back when he still was a mindless monster, jumps in and started to smash vehicles and smash the aliens. Then he hops up and down on a car then he jumps away. All of you stare at this in shock as you look up at Bruce, questionable.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce said, shaking his head, as he rips off his shirt then walks over to a car and halfheartedly smashes a car and gives an unenthused roar. You sigh and shake your head at this before you turn to the others. "Good luck, guys!" You said.

"Do you know if you'll be running into your younger-self?" Scott asked you. "No. In 2012, I was 18 and I was still training in Kamar-Taj. So, I'm nowhere near here." You replied. "Oh that's cute. You had your own Hogwarts." Tony said. "Haha, very funny, Tony." You said, sarcastically, then you pull up your hood and start to fly and follow Bruce.

Both of you make it to the Sanctum and land on top of the roof. You and Bruce walk towards the door when a familiar voice said. "I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed." You and Bruce look over and you gasp as the Ancient One walks over to you. "My, my, my. Look how you've grown, (y/n)." She said as she walks up to you. 

You smiled at her. You didn't realize how much you missed her until now. "Uh, we're looking for Doctor Strange." Bruce said and you turn to him. "Uh, Bruce....we're about five years too early for him to be here." You said. "She's right. Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery about twenty blocks that way." She said as she points off to her left. "What do you two want from him?" She asked just as you saw that she was wearing the Eye of Agamotto. "That, actually!" You said as you point at the necklace.

She looks down at it and said. "Ah. I'm afraid not." She looks up at you and said. "You know that." 

"Sorry, but we weren't asking." Bruce said. "You don't wanna do this." Ancient One warned him. "You're right. I don't. But we need that stone, and we don't have time to..." Bruce started to say as he walks up to her. "Bruce, no!" You warned when Ancient One thrusts her hand onto his chest and knocked his astral projection out of him as his physical body falls backwards. "Let's start over, shall we?" She asked as you wave your hands and moved Bruce's physical body over to a chair.