Chapter Fifty-Eight

Chapter Fifty-Eight:

Lexi's POV

"Last night was the best night of my life, just so you know," I tell him, leaning across to cup his face.

We've been sitting outside my house in his truck for far too long, neither of us wanting me to go.

Sure, I'm avoiding the inevitable conversation that I'm going to have to have with my parents, but I also don't want to leave Bryce.

"Do I have to go?" I whine, and Bryce lets out a deep chuckle, nodding his head.

"Yeah, baby girl, you do," he tells me, and I feel my entire heart clench.

"I love that nickname," I confess to him, and he smiles at me, tilting his head to the side.

We sit there staring for another moment, before I slump back in my seat, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You really need to get your cute ass inside, Blossom. How about I take you out for brunch tomorrow? It can be our first official date. Would you like that?" he asks me, and like an actual child I clap my hands together in delight, smiling at him widely.

He releases another chuckle, bending down to kiss me on the tip of my nose.

"You're so easy to please. I love to see you happy," he tells me, and I give him a small grin, tilting my head to the side.

I'm so giddy around him. Everything he says and does makes my heart soar, and I wish I could spend all my time with him for the rest of my life.

Bryce suddenly reaches across, unbuckling my seatbelt for me. I stick my bottom lip out at him, and he ignores me, undoing his own seatbelt.

"I want to walk you to the door. Let's go," he says, pushing open his door and stepping out of the vehicle.

Reluctantly, I do the same, making sure to grab my phone on the way out. I meet Bryce at the base of my driveway, and he links his fingers through mine as we walk up to the front door.

I hadn't bothered bringing a key with me last night, assuming that I would come home with Charlie, but that clearly wasn't the case.

Because of this, I reach up to ring the doorbell, and Bryce drops his hand from mine. He must be remembering how I asked him to keep this hidden from my parents, and I'm glad he went along with it, even though I still feel incredibly guilty about it.

"I'll tell them. I promise. Just give me some time," I request, and he nods.

He looks like he's about to kiss me again, but then all of a sudden, the front door comes flying open.

Thankfully, my brother is the one standing there. He's still wearing his clothes from last night, but his shirt is totally unbuttoned.

He smiles at me, but then when he sees Bryce, he looks confused.

"Rough night?" Bryce smirks at him, and Charlie rolls his eyes.

"Dad is going to kill you. He's been worried about you all night and morning. I would really recommend that your boyfriend leaves before they hear you guys," Charlie tells me quietly, stepping back from the doorway to allow me to enter the house.

I'm about to go inside, but then I turn back to Bryce.

He has a sad smile on his face, and I quickly mouth the words 'I love you' in a way that Charlie can't catch. He does the same, mouthing, 'I love you, too' before pulling me into a quick hug, giving me a squeeze and stepping away.