On the Road Again

You and Ethon wake up at five thirty in the morning to get ready to head down to Centralia. You take a shower while Ethon cooks you both waffles, ham, and eggs for breakfast. When you get out, you both eat your breakfast. Since Interstate 5 is back open, you tell Ethon that it should be easier to travel to Centralia to watch Beaudry, Spencer, and Jeremy play.

You check to see if you have the twenty dollars you need to get in. "I have twenty bucks. Do you know if you do?" You ask.

"I'll double check," Ethon replies. He checks his wallet, pulls out his twenty dollar bill and says, "I have it!"

"We're good to go then! I filled the car up with gas yesterday, so we don't need to worry about that."

You guys finish your breakfast. Ethon starts the car, you pack all the food and snacks you need, and you both get dressed. You grab your purse, put it on the floor of the passenger side, and put reusable bags in the trunk.

"You ready?" Ethon yells out.

"I'm ready!" You yell back as you walk back downstairs.

You use the toilet before getting in the car. You buckle up, fasten your seatbelt, and put your feet up on your seat.

Ethon backs out of the garage, heads down the driveway, and turns onto the road. He heads for Interstate 5 since it is back open, though he anticipates it will be crowded. He tailgates a really slow driver. He honks at him and yells, "move out of the fucking road! The speed limit is fifty-five, not thirty, dammit!"

Ethon passes the slow driver. He then slows down to thirty-five miles an hour when he reaches city limits. He stops at the traffic light when it turns red. You grab onto the "oh shit" handle when he slams on the brakes.

"Ethon, stop driving like you stole the bloody car!" You scream.

"Do you wanna drive?" He asks.

"Nope, I'm good!" You retaliate.

"That's what I thought."

You grab your purse, get out a pack of gum, and pop a piece in your mouth. You ask Ethon if he wants some.

"No thank you, love."

You put the pack of gum back in your purse, put it on the floor, and fold your hands on your lap.

Ethon reaches for your left hand. He drives with one hand while holding your hand in the other. Whenever he is stopped, he kisses your hand. He stares into your eyes for a brief moment before the light turns back to green.

Ethon merges onto Interstate 5, which has way less traffic. This comes to both of you as a surprise. You both still anticipate a traffic jam somewhere down the road to Centralia.

Ethon merges off of Interstate 5 toward Tacoma and Olympia. A semi truck driver nearly runs him off the road after drifting into his lane. He honks at the driver. He then moves back into his lane. The driver looks a little sleepy. You look at his license plate, and see the truck is from Alabama.

"That's a long way from home!" You point out, "that explains why he looked really sleepy."

You nap on the rest of the two hours of the way there.