3

it was around the same time that jaemin would enter the café when jeno's phone lit up from a text message.

unknown
jeno
help
i'm being followed.
i'm going into the café, please
help me.

jenono
who is this?
whoever you are, hurry,
get yourself away from
danger.

jeno furrowed his brows, eyeing the door, anticipating anyone that came through it.

just then, jaemin ran in, clearly scared and shaking. he gestured to jeno, pointing at the entrance.

a lady barged through the entrance, with clear intentions of following jaemin, lust in her eyes.

unfortunately, the lady being just as quick as jaemin, entered the café and swiftly grabbed jaemin's wrist, dragging him out the café.

jaemin looked at jeno with desperate eyes, 'help me' he mouthed as he struggled against the lady's grasp.

then it clicked, the unknown number was jaemin.

"come on baby boy, we'll have a good time, stop trying to run away," the lady said, now annoyed by jaemin.

jeno quickly jumped over the counter and stood between them, pulling jaemin into his embrace.

"listen, he's clearly uncomfortable, please leave," he growled, trying to scare of the lady.

jaemin hid his face in jeno's chest, melting into his arms.

"you're not his boyfriend, stop getting between us," the lady retorted, not at all scared of jeno's tone.

jeno was filled with rage, and the sudden urge to prove that he and jaemin are indeed a thing overwhelmed him.

wordlessly, jeno pulled jaemin away from his chest and closed the distance between them, jeno leading the kiss.

jaemin's fear slowly withered away as bliss slowly took over, returning the kiss.

the lady let out a scream of frustration before storming out of the café.

jeno pulled away first, cupping jaemin's cheeks, "let's get you a drink first shall we?"

jaemin could only nod, hoping not to break the eye contact with jeno.