Winter

I'm currently editing and adding to this story so, stay tuned!

The late morning sun shined meekly through pale, lace curtains. At this time of day, the fog of night should have vanished by now but today seemed to be a peculiar exception. Perhaps it was because it was in the middle of winter or maybe it was the excessive amount of dew evaporating. Right now however, this was the least of Eden's worries. He was asleep. In a not so peaceful, dream filled daze, he usually had nightmares from all the horror movies he binged instead of doing homework. He was lucky though, he could have the chance to sleep in today because of holidays. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to enjoy it much.

Eden plummeted violently off his bed, morphing into a coughing, sneezing mess, covered in a layer of cold sweat.

"Ugh", the sick boy slurred incoherently, "my nose feels like it's going to fall off-", he wheezed to no one at all, but was cut off abruptly by another impetuous coughing fit. He could almost cry from the amount of pain he was in at the moment. He tried to get out of bed to take a shower or even to just get a cup of water but his body had other plans, he tried with all the strength he had, to at least sit up from the awkward position he was in; sprawled chaotically on his cold, carpeted floor.

By the time he managed to haul himself to the bathroom, it was now so late in the day, that his parents had already gone out to work and run their daily errands. 

"Jesus. I knew I felt bad, but I didn't think I was this bad!", the boy groaned. He thought his reflection was almost repulsive as dark, almost purple bags under his even darker, empty eyes had appeared. His  hair seemed to have a mind of its own by how dishevelled it was and his pale complexion was almost tinted green and red from the amount of coughing and sneezing he had encountered, no other part of his face was effected by the stark redness as much as his small, upturned nose.

The ivory skinned boy hadn't been sick in over two years but ever since the thick, almost un-breathable fog rolled into his town he had felt a bit peculiar. The second it made its way over his house, he started fiercely expelling out all of what was left in the contents of his stomach in violent projectile vomit. The amount of pain he was in was truly unbearable, it was so painful he was bedridden for almost six days! At least he finally made it out of that malicious virus' grasp, some others in his small town weren't as lucky.

He had thought endlessly about what his family might've done with his body if he did succumb to such a tragic end, or how they might react. His angry thoughts never rested, which didn't aid with his already crippling anxiety and dwindling self-esteem any more than therapy,

'Would they really care if you died? I don't see why they would, I mean they'd have no reason to. That's right, no reason at all. They're already too busy anyway, so why would they bother to even plan a funeral or something. Edan. You know you ARE worthless. You ARE pathetic. You ARE unwanted, no one likes you. You don't deserve anything.',
Edan's eyes glossed over, turns out years and years of repressing his true feelings finally caught up with him. All the calamitous, low, distorted voices and cataclysmic demons in his mind all stopped. Only to be replaced with the sound of one million wailing pained souls in perpetual punishment. The sound was caused by a certain young man to fall the ground sobbing. Edan was crying
Infuriated. He wasn't just furious about his restless thoughts, nor was he just angry about his raging sickness, he was in fact, absolutely vexed about his inability to subdue and hide his tears.

The shear vociferousness of his hysterical wailing soon died down and was replaced with a maniacal cackle. His almost psychotic howls showed no sign of halt. They just kept getting more and more sonorous by the second. Even Edan himself couldn't even fathom why he was in such a sardonic state. Was he insane? Was this the result of years of emotional repression? He for sure didn't know what was going on. Nobody would. Had he finally obeyed his inner demons? He was sure he had finally given in.