Chapter 3 - New Life Ahead.

Anaika

The next morning, we woke up cuddled in each other's embrace. It was crazily romantic and almost felt as if every romance books I have read on my sophomore years.

But he wasn't feeling them. He apologized for the tenth time since we left the bed. After some rituals and home welcoming from the in laws, I spent the first night on theirs. I specially requested to be in his room and they slammed me with objection. I put a stern demand that I need to be with my husband and reluctantly they let us be.

It turned out, his room was not what I assume it to be. It's more like a cheap lodge with a cranky single bed on the corner and a half dismantle cupboard with a small mirror which barely covers up to my forehead.

"I will arrange your bedroom upstairs. Just give me a moment." I think he find me unconformable from the way I took my tour around his room but I disagreed.

"No need for that. It's only for a night, we would have a better place to sleep after tonight." I let him know and he stopped whatever he was doing to look at me with his eye brow raised.

"We are moving out tomorrow. To our very own house." I said with a smile and he slowly resumed his working on setting himself a bed on the floor, still puzzled on what I said.

"Y-You shall take the bed. It w-would be uncomfortable for u-us to share it."

"Hmm, that's right." I said while looking at the bed and he was already lying down when I went to the bed to reach for some pillow. As soon as I had it, I placed it beside him and laid down myself. Even though it's my first time lying on the floor with a single blanket underneath, it was still exciting and peaceful to have my husband beside.

Speaking of my husband, I had him completely speechless and I rejoiced on his little reactions on my doing.

"Good night, Adi." I slept off right before he could say anything.

*****

The next morning, he wasn't beside me and when I exited the room, the stepmother was already waiting with a towel for me. She's been giving me this princess treatment since yesterday and I will let her have it for sometime before I break her castles on air.

I took my shower and changed into my casual. I was in search of my husband and I found him in the kitchen, cooking.

"What are you making?" He got startled for a second but quickly composed.

"L-Lunch, for the family." He said and that made me realize that my husband is very talented in cooking.

This fools has been taking advantages of it. He seemed to be willing to do so but that still doesn't give them the reason to use him like this. He's not their family cook and it's not an easy job to prepare meals for a large family like theirs.

I joined him with some chores on side and I was very clingy to him even at some point, I had to restrain myself from stealing a kiss from him.

"Oh my, dear." My pretend to be nice stepmother came hushing at me. "You shouldn't be here, darling. Kitchen is always on high level of heat, that could ruin your health. We should be waiting on the diner table or I would take you on tour around the house? How does that sound?" She suggested annoyingly and I forced a smile even though I don't want to.

"Thanks for the offer but there's no need. My husband is already soaking himself in this high level of heat to cook for all of us and I think that should be more concerning." I reverted at her and she looked displeased.