Chapter 13 - Birthday Countdowns.

Anaika

I was completely driven by rage and regret. Rage for not killing that evil woman with my own hands and regret that I didn't got to meet him sooner. Yesterday night on my state of vulnerability, I saw his. The moment I saw it, I lost it. I could still feel the scar that ran down my fingers and I could mentally figure it out how excruciating it must be for someone to go through. While to think of that someone is my husband, I couldn't keep up with my emotions yesterday. Yet, I'm proud for the man who he had became now.

I looked to my right with my feet getting soaked by the ocean, I saw my picture-perfect husband. With his lips spread out with his signature smile while his hands rested in the pockets. Talking gracefully to a group of men from my family.

He glanced at my direction and his beautiful smile widen when it landed on me. The love that man yearns for me, I could see it even though far away. I felt as though walking over the moon while reaching up to my husband. He turned and opened his arms for me which I immediately jumped in. I snuggled into him so close as possible, ignoring all those jokes and laughter around me especially since I'm with my large family. Because all I see now is my husband. My venturous survivor, the love of my life.

"I love you." I was high on love for my husband and when these eyes stared at me with the same passion I held for him, I remembered the first time I met him. One of my hands were caressing over his silky hair as I placed a kiss on his lips. He had me so close with his arms around my waist, slightly lifting me off the ground.

He kissed me back with a chuckle before he landed our foreheads together. "I love you so much too, my miracle." His miracle. The meaning that carries so much for a person. I finally felt my toes digging into the sand and I felt like in a romantic movie that I used to gloat.

I kissed him again to cave in to my desire for this man. I had him in my every senses and I'm getting drunk without even consuming alcohol. "I want you, Adi." I whispered on his lips and his eyes darken, the heat taking control of him right now. But he quickly restrained, his brow slightly raised while looking around us.

"Maybe.....now it's not the right time."

"Then, when is the right time?" I sounded desperate for my husband and it didn't matter to me who's around us.

I sighed when I heard our elders scoffing with embarrassment and I saw that almost everyone were on the sea with their beach wear. I looked up at him and he did to me, when he realized what he had to do. I stepped back and watched him patiently while he unbuttons his oversized shirt.

He's admitting to his final step on successfully moving on from his past. Which is to embrace his scar. We talked about this yesterday night and even though I was sobbing hard, I made my intentions clear with him. I told him that the scars will remind you of the life battles you have overcome and howyou are still standing. It will build your self-confidence, rise your inner warrior to another level of extent.

Now watching my husband setting himself utterly free from his past, I know that this man would conquer the person he is, regardless of the appearance of the scar which doesn't mirror him. He looked back at me again with an adoring smile and laid his hand out for me to take. We were hand in hand by the time we made our way inside the ocean and he confessed that he felt rejuvenated, extremely refreshed.

He scooped me in his arms and kissed me while chanting, "Thank you, my love. Thank you for coming in my life. Thank you for making me feel the way I do right now. Thank you for.....everything."

It was ecstatically a core memory of us.

*****

After taking a short nap in between the swimming and seeing around, I woke up without my husband. It was almost dark outside and I was wondering where he could be right now. He would have said it if he's leaving but it seemed strange. I got up from the bed and took my phone from the drawer to dial his number before I looked at the gorgeous red dress with black embroidery hanged on the side of the cupboard.

It's clearly a new dress as it was wrapped in the translucent bag and when I checked the size label, it was my perfect fit. I immediately dialed his number but it's unreachable. Frustrated, I carried the dress to place it on my bed to examine it when I saw a note slipping out of the bag. It's from my husband for sure and he wrote it that he wants me to get ready in this dress yet to wait in the room until he heard three knocks on the door.

I giggled at the note and excitedly went for shower to have this surprise from him. I knew he's up to something and I wondered why until I noticed the date on my phone few minutes ago. It will be my birthday tomorrow and this must be a surprise party for me. I squealed in joy because I love surprises and can't wait to see what my husband has done for me.

After shower, I did my regular skincare routine and make up that compliments the dress. The was put up into a princess messy bun and ehen I had to try on the dress, I prayed for three straight seconds before slipping it on. "Wow." My mouth puffed and I was stunned to see the woman through the mirror right now. Like hell, she's smoking hot. How did I miss so much of this from myself?

I was startled when I heard the knocks suddenly. Three times just like he mentioned and I fixed myself one last time before opening it. "I hope my beautiful wife is ready for the night." I heard him from the other side and I swung open the door.

We gasped, with our mouth gapped in surprise as we looked at each other. He was in this matching red shirt with black pants and all I want now is to pull us in to do all the incoherent things inside my brain.

"Anaika.....y-you look.....magnificent." He stuttered of course because I could see the blush crepting on the swell of his neck and I knew he wanted us to go back in the room right now. His eyes said it all, he's taking every nautical in him to summon control.

"You look so good yourself." I was shy at the way my husband crave for me.

"I think.....we should be moving somewhere, now?" I had to disrupt the tension, if not I'm afraid that I wouldn't be leaving the room tonight.

"Y-Yes. Sure, we.....shall be moving now." He's too adorable and I just want to kiss him, which I did before holding his hands to follow him to this designated place.

I was escorted to the open area of the beach and I was shocked to see my family gathered around the exquisite birthday decorations. Everyone dressed to glam and willing to spend my birthday countdown in this party. The cake was ready by the stand and it is two more hours for 12.00am. We danced, eat and partied the way it should be done until it was time. My husband took me to the cake stand with a gentle reminder of kiss and he made them do the countdown.

Almost 3 then 1, and I am officially 25 years old. I felt my hand being held and when I looked at it, my husband was taking out my engagement ring to replace it with a new stone. Actually that engagement ring was given on behalf of his step family and I didn't take it off even though it's plain and cheap because it was the first thing that made my husband mine. But now looking at this new stone closely, I felt more connected to him as our initials were engraved on the ring. He kissed my knuckles softly.

"Happy birthday, my love." My husband wished me for the first and I suppressed a tear of joy before kissing him on the lips.

Then everyone came up to wish me one by one with their gifts and we did a small photoshooting session. The floor was drained by a melodically playing music and all the couples were onto each other. Of course I danced with my husband and I took every little opportunity to kiss him.

"It's your birthday, my love. Ask me anything you want?" I don't know why he asked me that while slowly swaying us to the beats.

"I have everything here, Adi. What else you think I want?"

He kissed my lips before closing his eyes to join our foreheads. He went quiet before mumbling, "I haven't yet given everything you want, my miracle."