LoreKi #6: Caretaker

Third Person's POV

"And that's how the culprit did the crime." Loki ended his narration on how the criminal did his crime. He was standing beside Lorelei who seemed to be sick.

Loki faced her and asked, "Any additional information you have?"

Apparently, Lorelei is not in her right mind. She is not feeling well and regretted about going to school earlier. Now, she's dizzy.

"Lorelei?" Loki asked.

After receiving no response, Loki held Lorelei's shoulder and snapped his fingers in front of her face, making her go back to her senses.

"Huh?"

"May idadagdag ka pa ba?" Lorelei blinked.

Idadagdag saan? She thought but after observing the faces of the cops, she came to a conclusion that Loki is probably talking about the case that they dealt with.

"W-wala. Wala na."

"That's all, Officer. Can we leave now?" Loki asked impatiently, but ended up politely. "Please."

"Sure, Mr. Mendez. Salamat sa kooperasyon." Loki nodded and dragged Lorelei outside and wiated for Mr. Vasquez.

Loki stared at his partner and observed her. He noticed that she's not fine,but still asked anyway.

"Are you okay? Kanina ka pa nakatulala." You can't hear any tone of worry in his monotonous voice. One would assume that he doesn't care about his companion. But in his eyes, a hint of emotion was seen.

"Ayos lang ako. Medyo nahihilo lang pero I'm fine." Lorelei responded as if she's trying to convince him. He then nodded.

Few minuted passed and Mr. Vasquez is still not present. Loki looked at his phone to check the time. It was already 7:45 in the evening. Suddenly he felt a weight on his shoulders. It was Lorelei, leaning her head with eyes closed.

Loki doesn't know what to do. He never knew what to do. It was the first time he experienced this kind of contact. He was about to ask Lorelei when she spoke.

"Please stay still. Hindi ko na kaya. I feel like I'm going to pass out anytime soon." He then felt her cold hands, holding his arms tightly, as if her life was on it.

He was stiff. Should he do something? Should he wrap his arm around Lorelei? Should he carress her hair? Should he hold her cold hands? He doesn't know.

Finally, when Mr. Vasquez came, Loki's breathing came back to normal. He was tensed and he doesn't know why. He's knew to all of this.

Loki let Lorelei in first. Lorelei stopped for a second and touched her nose. Since Loki's behind her, he had no idea why she paused until he peeked over her shoulders. There's blood on her hands. Loki let Lorelei face him. He then saw Lorelei's blood dripping from her nose.

"Lore--" Loki was cut off when Lorelei fainted in front of him. Unfortunately, his reflex wasn't fast enough to catch Lorelei.

"Mr. Vasco, let's bring her to the hospital." Even though he's having some difficulties, he lifted Lorelei and went in the car. He was calm but deep inside, he's worried. Is she that sick today?

When they arrived at the hospital, Loki was left in the waiting area. Loki ordered Mr. Vasquez to go get some food.

While waiting, his mother called him.

"Ano 'tong narinig ko kay Vasquez? Bakit nasa hospital ka? Are you alright?" Frigette dropped the questions consecutively, silencing the young Mendez.