Chapter 52 - Bonnie's 8th Gym Battle

Bonnie's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Dedenne: Thunderbolt, Play Rough, Nuzzle, Iron Tail.

Lapras: Rain Dance, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Zen Headbutt.

Mantine: Double Team, Air Slash, Scald, Blizzard.

Florges: Light Screen, Energy Ball, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam.

Gardevoir: Focus Blast, Psychic, Moonblast, Calm Mind.

Tyrantrum: Head Smash, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Iron Head.

A few days after winning against Olympia in the Anistar Gym, Bonnie has finally arrived at Snowbelle City for challenging the Kalos Gym leader and earning her last gym badge.

Upon collecting her Pokemon from Nurse Joy after healing them, Bonnie began to walk to the Snowbelle gym, and was greeted by a group of 5 Bergmite. Bonnie, seeing the Bergmite greet her, waved back as she entered the gym.

"Ah, Bonnie. It's been awhile," said Wulfric as she saw Bonnie enter from the door that led to the cold chamber surrounding the battlefield.

"Hello, Wulfric. I would like a request a battle with you," said Bonnie.

"Not a problem. Shall we start?" asked Wulfric.

"Sure thing. Let's begin," replied Bonnie as both of them began to make their way to either end of the battlefield.

"This will be an official gym battle between the gym leader, Wulfric, and the challenger Bonnie. Both sides are allowed to use 3 Pokemon each and only the challenger is allowed to substitute her Pokemon. The battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Bergmite, let's begin," said Wulfric as the Ice Chunk Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Dedenne, I choose you," said Bonnie as the Antenna Pokemon appeared in the battlefield.

"You can go first," offered Wulfric.

"Sure thing. Dedenne, use Nuzzle," ordered Bonnie as the cheek pouches on the Antenna Pokemon began to gather electricity while charging towards Bergmite.

"Use Avalanche," commanded Wulfric as Bergmite first took the hit and then its body began to glow blue, summoning several dark clouds above Dedenne, then several chunks of ice began to fall down and strike Dedenne repeatedly.

"Oh no, Dedenne," said Bonnie as she realised that Avalanche did twice the usual damage, due to Dedenne inflicting damage on it before using Avalanche. However, she noted that Bergmite had become paralysed and discovered that she still has a chance to fight back.

"Use Thunderbolt," commanded Bonnie as Dedenne then fired a powerful bolt of electricity at Bergmite.

"Counter with Gyro Ball," ordered Wulfric, but noticed that Bergmite was unable to move due to paralysis. As a result, it was directly hit by the attack and was knocked backwards.

"Use Iron Tail," said Bonnie as Dedenne began charging towards Bergmite while its tail began to glow silvery white.

"Fight back with Ice Fang," ordered Wulfric as Bergmite opened its mouth and its fangs began to glow light blue.

Both attacks collided with each other, with neither side giving way to each other. A few seconds later, an explosion broke out, knocking both Pokemon backwards. Eventually, the explosion cleared up showing that both Pokemon were knocked out.

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their next Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Avalugg, you're next," said Wulfric as the Iceberg Pokemon appeared on the battlefield, causing the battlefield to shake.