Chapter 75 - Tag Battles (Part 5)

Day 3 Match 1

"This will be an official 2 on 2 tag battle between the pairs Trevor & Tierno VS Ulysses and Vincent. All trainers are only allowed to use 1 Pokemon each with no substitutions and the battle will be over when all of either pair's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Aerodactyl, let's go," said Trevor as the Fossil Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Ludicolo, I'm counting on you," said Tierno as the Carefree Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Jynx, I choose you," said Ulysses as the Human Shape Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Parasect, go," said Vincent as the Mushroom Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Jynx, start off with Nasty Plot," ordered Ulysses as the Human Shape Pokemon created 3 animated questions, sharply raising its special attack.

"Parasect, use Swords Dance," said Vincent as the Mushroom Pokemon created a circle of dancing swords, sharply boosting its attack.

"Aerodactyl, use Tailwind," said Trevor as the Fossil Pokemon whipped up a powerful gust of wind on its side of the battlefield, doubling the speed of itself and Ludicolo.

"Ludicolo, use Rain Dance," commanded Tierno as the Carefree Pokemon summoned several dark clouds above the battlefield, which started pouring rain seconds later.

"Use Ice Beam on Aerodactyl," said Ulysses as Jynx opened its mouth and fired a powerful beam of Ice at Aerodactyl.

"Dodge it and use Rock Slide," said Trevor as Aerodactyl deftly dodged the attack and raised both of its claws, causing orange rings of energy to appear and turn into rocks, aiming at both Jynx and Parasect, scoring direct hits and deal damage on both of them.

"Use Leech Life on Ludicolo," commanded Vincent, but Parasect could not move due to flinching from Rock Slide.

"Now's our chance, use Ice Beam on Parasect," said Tierno as Ludicolo opened its mouth and fired a powerful beam of ice towards Parasect, earning a direct hit due to the latter flinching and unable to move from Rock Slide, eventually fainting on the process.

"Parasect is unable to battle," said the referee.

"Return, Parasect," said Vincent as the Mushroom Pokemon was recalled.

"Jynx, use Ice Beam on Aerodactyl once more," ordered Ulysses as the Human Shape Pokemon fired another powerful beam of ice towards the Fossil Pokemon.

"Block the Ice Beam with Hydro Pump," said Tierno as Ludicolo fired a powerful jet of water towards the incoming Ice Beam. However, due to being sharply boosted by Nasty Plot, the Ice Beam managed to freeze the Hydro Pump and continuing aiming towards Aerodactyl."

"Cut through with Iron Head," ordered Trevor as Aerodactyl's head glowed silvery-white and managed to break through the powered up Ice Beam while taking heavy damage. Eventually, Aerodactyl's Iron Head managed to score a direct hit on Jynx and inflict damage.

A few seconds later, both Aerodactyl and Jynx had collapsed.

"Both Aerodactyl and Jynx are unable to battle. Due to Ludicolo still standing, the winners of this match are Trevor and Tierno," declared the referee.

"Guess that Hydro Pump didn't help much when I tried to block the Ice Beam," said Tierno while recalling Ludicolo.

"Oh well. Ludicolo did a great job taking down Parasect, who would have been a big threat to it," said Trevor as he returned Aerodactyl back into its PokeBall.