Wrath

The king holds the mutilated vampire by the hair in one fist, and a long iron rod in the other.

"Why?" The vampire's chapped lips move, his voice weak and broken. His face twists as if he is crying, the contraction on the burns were there were once eyes making his broken body fidget - dangling helpless from the king's grip.

"My king, I forever kept my loyalty, not once I allowed a vampire to go beneath the queen's law, I only di-" The vampire's begging comes to a sudden halt when the king let's go of his hair and lifts him by the jaw.

"Silence. You are listening now." The king says, and his fist clenches. I hear the crack of the vampire's long jawbone snapping into his cheeks. His scream echos muffled through the king's palm.

I feel the queen's hand on my bare back; stroking over the scars of the king's healing. "He wants to know why, Elena. Do you want to tell him?"

The Vampire Lord makes a shameful sound of surprise at my name.

"My name is enough." I feel my heels deep in my ground, the power in my locked elbows and clenching knuckles. "Now I want him to suffer like I did."

The queen laughs, her comforting hand brushing through my hair. "Don't worry, Elena. He will suffer more."

The king flashes forward,  and slams the vampire's chest against the tree, holding him up with a hand against the back. The lord of all vampires flails in desperation. Making himself wail and writhe even more as his feet and hands wiggle useless from his cracked open joints.

The king lifts the long rod in his other hand. His golden gaze burns and his knuckles tighten as the iron reddens with heat, lighting and bending the night around it.

I see the precision in every muscle of the king's arm as he shoves the red-hot rod up between the lord's legs.

The vampire screeches and shrieks like a hundred werewolves couldn't. The king keeps him pressed straight with the arm on his back as he continues to skewer him slowly.

His screaming becomes torn, scorched wheezing as half the fiery rod impales his insides. The king gives the final shove, and the glowing tip pops out the top of the vampire's skull. Then it's silent.