Chapter 1

Aziraphale knew that he could go about his life without any worries concerning punishment from higher up. After all, only a day had passed since he and Crowley had pulled the body switching trick, ensuring that for at least a few more centuries, they would remain untouched, while both heaven and hell thought of new ways to cause pain. Yet the knowledge of safety, didn't necessarily guarantee safety, and so Aziraphale made sure to look around for potential spies and agents as he walked in to dine at The Ritz with Crowley, a plan they had made straight after meeting up to discuss the (now certain) future.

Crowley showed up six minutes late, but Aziraphale was fine with it. Crowley was a demon after all, so what was the problem with being one minute more fashionably late, than fashionable lateness?

Crowley sank into the chair next to Aziraphale, taking off his sunglasses to reveal sleep lacking red eyes.

"Busy night?" asked Aziraphale, worried that his best friend wasn't sleeping enough.

"Oh, you have no idea," drawled out Crowley, smirking at the way Aziraphale's adorable cheeks instantly turned red. "Relax, nothing happened. I was just visiting future houses that I might move into."

"Well that's absolute wonderful! Any potential?"

"Well yes." Crowley filled up both of their glasses.

"A lovely place, with a garden and a library, on the coast of Spain. It's quite large, big enough to accommodate two." He said, looking carefully at Aziraphale's reaction. "Would you like to move in with me?"

Aziraphale's face lit up brighter than the fires of hell on Halloween.
"Oh Crowley, I would absolutely love to! But what about the bookshop? I can't just leave it like this."

"Yes you can. We are going on vacation.  Just ask that witch finder what's his name and his hooker to take care of it. But if you're really worried, I could move in with you-"

"No buts. We have all the time in the world." Quickly interrupted Aziraphale, thinking of all the things Crowley could find at his house.

"I thought you of all angels would enjoy Anal."

Aziraphale choked on the last piece of his steak, the tips of his ears going pink, and his jaw clenching.

"Crowley, would you stop making lewd jokes? I don't even like you.....that way."

He was about to say something else when he was pinned against a wall in their new Spain home, the faded brick digging into his shoulder blades, Crowley's nose against his, eyes searching as Crowley growled:

"Are you sure about that?"

Suddenly, Aziraphale just couldn't deny the attraction he felt towards Crowley. They had been friends for centuries, and once in a while the angel had to take breaks in their contact, for fear of revealing his true nature to the demon. After all, the demon was always hooking up with some random witch, and Aziraphale just couldn't take it anymore. He broke down into tears pushing the shocked Crowley away and stumbled towards the couch.

Stunned, the demon sat down next to him, placing the angel's head onto his lap, as the angel cried. Crowley gently stroked Aziraphale's head, and rubbed his back comfortingly. He didn't know what to say. He was sure the angel knew of his feelings towards him, but it seemed that Aziraphale had no idea that Crowley liked him.

Spiraling into his own thoughts, the demon continued to gently stroke the angel's soft hair, until he heard a small snore. Crowley looked down to find Aziraphale fast asleep in his lap. The watch above the fireplace showed 22:00. Crowley sighed and teleported a blanket. For fear of waking Aziraphale up, he shuffled closer to the headrest and lay down to sleep, making sure  the blanket was wrapped firmly around both of them, it could get chilly during the night. As an afterthought, he snapped one more time and changed both of them into pajamas, smiling when he noticed that the angel's set had little kittens all over the place.

"Oh Az." He planted a kiss on the angel's forehead. Then the demon closed his eyes, surprised at his own tenderness.