roster changes

Six months later...

"Team, report to the mission room." Batman's voice came over the speaker in the Mount Justice lounge and the team all but groaned, pausing the movie.

Do you think if we pretend we're not here he'll leave us alone?

Doubtful.

Damn.

I wonder what he wants.

Probably a mission, that's why we are going to the mission room.

Really, Wally, never would've guessed.

The seven teenagers got up from the couches and slumped their way to the mission room, pausing in the entry way when they saw that Batman was not alone but was with Black Canary and five costumed new comers.

Who are they?

Bruce, I swear to god if they are who I think they are...

Tim, he can't hear you.

But I can. You never took me out of this weird telepathic communication pathway, Martian.

Oh no.

Oh, yes.

"Team, we would like to introduce you to five of our newest trainees. Meet Batgirl, Black Bat, Spoiler, Red Hood, and Robin." Dinah gestured to the five costumed newcomers, all of whom looked vaguely familiar to everyone.

"Batman, are these your children?"

"These are my other proteges, if that is what you mean." Batman grit out through his teeth.

Spoiler snorted, sauntering up to Batman and attempting to throw her arm over his shoulder. She failed, being much shorter than Batman, so she settled for nudging him with her elbow. "Here that, Batsy? I'm your child now."

Batman sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I already have so many children, Spoiler."

"I can take care of that, B, just give me the word and Red Robin and the spawn are gone." Red Hood drawled from under his helmet.

Tim groaned. "Why does everyone want to kill me?"

"You just have a very killable face."

"Fight me."

"I'll kick your ass."

"Boys, stop fighting." Batman growled, glaring at his children. He turned to Batgirl and Black Bat, smiling at the two girls. "Thank you two for being sane."

"Hey, what about me?" Dick whined.

Batman gave him an exasperated look. "Stop doing stunts off the chandelier and then we'll talk."

Dude, really?

Hey, Cass gave me a ten for my latest performance.

Is Black Bat Cass?

I'll never tell.

Yeah, 'cause she'll kick your ass.

Shut up.

We should add the newest members to our mind link.

Are you sure they could handle it?

Please, they can handle us, can't they?

We can barely handle you, Dick.

Ouch.

They've been added, welcome to the group chat.

Ooh shit, this is so cool!

Yup, Spoiler is definitely Steph.

Fight me, Supes Jr.

Heathens.

Demon Spawn, one day you are going to wake up and realize what a loser you are.

So I will wake up as you, Todd?

Ooh burn.

Batman and Black Canary watched the team make faces at each other as they talked through the mind link and exchanged a look between each other, leaving the mission room. As they exited, they looked back on the team with a smile.

"Do you think this will work?" Black Canary asked, turning to Batman with a raised brow.

Batman nodded definitively. "Of course. After all, its my kids we're talking about."

Just then a loud bang sounded out followed by a course of swears, then a dozen voices screaming in sync. "Bruce!"

Batman sighed, turning to Black Canary. "I'm changing my name."

fin.