Resolution |8| (girlxgirl)

VIII.

I rolled over onto my back opening my eyes slowly seeing someone with blonde hair lay next to me sound asleep. I looked back at the ceiling trying to rethink over last night and everything that had occurred, trying to make sense of it all.

I sat up in bed moving slowly to the edge, trying not to jolt the mattress resulting in waking her up. I grabbed my top up off the floor pulling it over my head my feet touching the cold wooden floor sending shivers from the tip of my toes to the top of my spine. I heard her roll over making me sit still, I turned my head to see her still fast asleep. I heaved myself up from the bed walking over to the bathroom locking the door behind me, I leaned my back against it as I let out a loud heavy sigh.

I didn't know how to feel, happy or angry about everything that's taking toll. I've been interested in this girl since I first laid eyes on her but my heart is telling me something else, is screaming something else every time I see Alice. Alice was too busy chasing after someone else...her ex; I felt my jaw tighten when I thought about it, about the history they shared and everything she got put through. Maybe that's why I was so upset last night.

I'm doing nothing wrong, I told myself as I washed my face.

“You look hungover.” Anna chuckled as I slumped in a seat hitting my head off the table, the cool surface making my forehead turn clammy.

“What's wrong with her?” I heard Alice say from the side of me, I rubbed my eyes with my finger tips before resting my face in the palms of my hands.

“Nothings wrong.” I replied bluntly as I watched Jessie saunter through the cafeteria doors, guys following closely behind trying to get her attention; her eyes greeting mine warmly.

“Oh I see.” Alice whispered when she followed my gaze.

“Am I missing something here?” Anna questioned us.

“Why do you even care?!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, Anna sitting there watching the argument go from one to the other.

“Have you heard about her reputation?” Alice argued back trying to prove a point that was non-existent.

“Yes and I've asked her about it and she openly told me it all.” I stressed to her, “however, you obviously don't learn from mistakes.”

“What's that to mean?” She stared at me coldly.

“I saw you with them, I saw you kiss him.” I felt my heart wrench, my chest tighten.

“That's different.” She shook her head.

“Wait you're back with your ex?” Anna asked getting up from the bed.

“It's not what it seems-”