FIFTEEN

The Monster

Cat sat in the police station as Callahan contacted Chief Hopper of his radio. "Hey, Chief, you there? Hey, Chief?"

"Yeah, go ahead." Cat heard Hopper speak through the radio.

"Yeah, a fight broke out here and-"

"Cal, I don't have time for this."

"It's Jonathan Byers and Catherine Henderson. The little shit who stole my gun a few weeks back. You haven't seen Joyce, have you?"

Catherine rolled her eyes. "It's not really a big deal. You weren't using it and I figured that you wouldn't miss it, so..." Callahan cut her sentence short by yelling at her to shut up.

***

"Do you think we'll be out of here soon?" Nancy asked the receptionist as she got some ice from the freezer for Jonathan's face and Cat's ribcage.

"You, yes. Your friends, no." She answered simply, wrapping the ice in a dishcloth. "They assaulted a police officer."

"Well, how long are you gonna keep them?"

"You, your girlfriend and your boyfriend have big plans, do you?"

"He's not my boyfriend and she's definitely not my girlfriend. We're just friends."

"I think you better tell them that."

"What?"

"Only love makes you that crazy, sweetheart." She handed Nancy the ice. "And that damn stupid."

Nancy sighed, taking the ice from the lady. She walked back over to where her two friends were handcuffed to a table. She took a seat in between them, placing some ice on Cat's ribcage. "Found some ice." She stated, placing the other lot of ice on Jonathan's face.

"Thanks." Jonathan said as Cat sighed, nodding her head slightly in thanks.

"Everything okay?" Jonathan asked as Nancy looked down at the floor and Cat rested her head on the table- bored and in pain.

"Yeah." Nancy's gaze moved from the floor to Jonathan, her hand holding the ice in place. "Everything's fine."

"Maybe for you at least, but Tommy can really kick hard." Cat took a sharp intake of breath. "Because damn does it hurt when I breathe."

Nancy frowned. "That's not good, like at all. You should really go to the hospital."

Catherine shrugged, grimacing in pain as she did so.

***

A/N:

Ugh, again this is a short chapter and it's complete crap so I apologise for that. I didn't intend for it to be this short but right now I'm too tired to edit it so it's longer and I have to prepare for my driving lesson. I'll hopefully upload this with another one so it makes up for such a shit chapter.

Edited: 6/4/2020

Edit 2: 29/7/2021