I've Gotta Warn Him...I Bite *Wave 3*

The rest of the time I was quiet. Now it was just awkward. No one had ever joked with me like that before. I should have known that Jennica wasn't there. I couldn't sence her presence when I dove out and back into the water. And, this was Jennica. She would have ran up to me and screamed in my face. When has she ever held back from something? Jennica would have dragged me right back into the sea and barried me under a cloak of sand and acted like my mother would have.

What had I done? 

Oh I know what you did Aayla. You kissed a werewolf, broke at least a dozed laws in one night, and just made it obvious to the one person that is and isn't good at keeping  juicy secrets like these!

Okay... Now i'm just weird for talking to myself...

We reached the area outside of the docks. The Queen had told us not to go here often because then it would have a reputation of mysterious deaths from the water. But it's not like it already didn't. If we got lucky, there would be a small crowd if not any. The day was kinda slow. And the clouds were low. A storm was coming. The best time for an occasion like the one we're having tonight. I still have no idea what it is though.

Dimitrian exaggerated a loud sigh as we popped our heads out of the water. We were floating behind a small raft a few boats down from where a pair of men were loading up a moater boat. There was a net, a knife, and a basket made out of weaves entwined together.

"Ladies first." One of Dimitrian's friends, Nu, had said.

"Well then go ahead." Jennica responded.

We all giggled silently. Ronnie, a girl who had stuck with us but faded into the background, volenteered. The rest of us nodded for her to go first. She formed into a human and began drifting toward the sailors in a pile of trash and weeds. I mentioned before that when we shift into our human bodies that from the waist down we're naked right? Right. Well she was covered a smidge.

The men in the boat stared in shock at her for a while. Ronnie looked like she was dead. Her dark features seemed pailer than usual. Her short legs and body seemed to cringe together the longer she was carried through the water. And her eyes were slowly flickering close. It was as if the life of her was slowly seeping out of her. Like the blood that will come out of the mens' necks when we chomp on them.

They stared in shock for a while. The first man reached out to bring her into their boat. The second was motionless and continued to watch. The first man's shirt had a few holes in the bottom and the red-ish color was begining to fade.  His loose jeans were also torn and bleached. And his hat was getting a little too small for his round head. I saw no rings on their fingers. I had seen one on one of his fat toes but not fingers.The other man snapped out of his gaze. He reached for the first mans hand that was close to wrapping around Ronnie's waist.

"Hey calm down man. When do you get a chance like this." His accent was thick. Some of his words were hard to understand but I did. Ronnie was beautiful. i could imagine almost any human wanting her. And incase you forgot, because these men sure wouldn't, she was naked.

"Duke," The other man began.

"Don't you think it's a little strange that she is just randomly floating in some mucky water full of crap?" This man wasn't falling for the plan. This might not work.

"Bill. Calm down. She might have gotten into a little trouble last night. Wrong place, wrong time. She might die if we don't help her." At least this guy was falling for it. Our plan might just work after all.

"Fine." Bill said. "I'm just lettin' my suspicions get to me, you know?"

Duke nodded in agreement. They reached for Ronnie again. Bill's hands began to stretch out to her arms. His shirt had a funny logo on it and was just about to touch the water if he moved this slightest bit more. If anyone of them had had a hair skim the water, that meant we could snatch them away. And that is just what it did. Duke's hands had brushed her thigh when Ronnie's fins started to form again.

They both froze again. I swear these guys had a problem. I swam under their hands and counted to three. One. Two. Three!

I sprang at full force towards Duke's hands. I got a tight grip on them and he was pulled deep into the water. I dove deep enough so that all that you could see from the surface was black and his old hat. I bit down into his chubby neck. Instant death! I let a small bit of blood trickle down my throat. Once it did, I yanked a bit of sea weed from a pile of trash and tied it tightly around his neck to make sure no more blood escaped his neck.

I started toward the surface again. The closer I got, the better I could hear the screams coming from Bill. He was so terrified! I popped my head up out of the water once again. He was running as fast as he could to the beginning of the long dock and almost made it to the steps where he would have been safe from the dangerous creatures that attacked his friend.

Nope.

He had one more step to go before Ronnie was springing out of the water toward his neck. All at once, she bit his neck and caused him to splash deep into the sea! It was increadable! She dove deep and the rest of us cheered with glee! Our stomachs were growling from the sweet, tender smell of blood! Ronnie dove deep and we followed her.

"Wait for us!" Jennica yelled. She was the most anxious of us all. "There better be some blood left in him or else!" We caught up to her fairly quickly. Ronnie turned around and came up to us too. She bit his neck but she didn't have to. I heared his heart stop when she burst out of the water. Some of the blood was wasted too, because she drank a little and forgot to tie up where she bit him. She forgot to save some blood for Jennica too. There was some, but apparently not enough. So she got and entire half of Duke's blood. I know she was hungry but can you say, rude?

The whales had gone back home a few minutes after we arrived to the docks. Which meant we had to find our own way home. The best way we could do that was to follow the wind coming from the shore. As we went, Jennica and I floated on our backs. Gently flapping our tails and listened to our friends' voices and laughter as we rested our hands on our full stomachs. Rain was begining to fall to the surface of the water.

"Aayla," Jennica began.

"Yes." I said lazily.

"When are you going to tell anyone else about Lance?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know. If I do... I don't know"

I really didn't.

I made and popped bubbles with my hands and fingers. I watched the rain splash as it fell on the sea's roof. I thought again about what my parents would do if they found out. Or the Queen. Or anyone else in this kingdom who couldn't keep a secret....

We arrived home soon enough. I was told by my mother to take a long rest before the celebration began. I thought about life and love for humans. Because sadly, none of our laws of love have changed in the time that I was gone. And I thought of what love might be like for the wolves. The wolves. Lance.

Lance, I thought. Even though I knew he couldn't hear me. I'll see you tonight. As soon as I can.