Chapter 17 Run After Her

Sasha did not head to the airport, she wanted to go home so badly but her mind is telling her to stay. She dialed the number of the only person that she knows will be able to help her out. 

"Hey, boo. Is it okay if I stay with you for a while?" 

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"No. Everything's so messed up. Shay broke up with me." 

"Where are you? I'll come and pick you up."

"I'm outside your hotel."

Shay and the girls hurriedly made their way to the airport. Shay decided to book the next flight to Pennsylvania and ran after the love of her life. As they were on their way, Shay couldn't stop feeling so stupid about herself. How could she let her emotions get to her? They have been through so much and she shouldn't have walked out on Sasha like that. When they reached the counter they have seen that there are no flights scheduled until the next day at 3 AM, and no other flights left earlier, either.

"That means, Sasha is still here," Lucy said.

"But where is she?" Troian asked.

"We need to find her. Have you tried calling her, Shay?" Ashley asked.

"I've been calling her on the drive here, but her phone is dead," Shay replied.

"Where would she go? She doesn't know anyone here in New Jersey," Troian said.

"Wait. That's not true. Archer! Archer is here!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Who the hell is Archer?" Ashley asked, clearly annoyed.

"The guy we saw with Sasha. She told me earlier that he was staying here for a while," Lucy explained.

"How do we find this guy? Do you even know his last name?" Shay asked.

"No, but maybe we can find him on Sasha's feed. She told me that they have just recently reconnected," Lucy answered.

The girls hurriedly made their way back to the hotel and checked their social media accounts, hoping to find any link or connection to Archer.

They didn't have any luck in finding Archer on Sasha's Instagram feed. They have run out of ideas and are now in their hotel room. Shay is on the bed she and Sasha have shared, lying on top of it drained of all energy. She felt another wave of tears coming and she just let them fall. All-day, all she can think of was how pathetic she was for the last 24 hours or so. First, she accused her girlfriend of cheating on her, second, she broke up with her girlfriend without listening to her explanation, third, she slept with another girl, and last but not the least, she has no idea how to find the only woman she loves. As she silently cries, her three best friends look at her with sorrow and pity in their eyes.

"We have to help them," Lucy said.

"But how can we? We don't know where Sasha is," Troian said, with frustration in her voice.

"I can't believe this is happening. We're supposed to be having the best vacation ever. Thanks to our friend right over there, we now have a blonde gone missing and a lifeless dummy on our hands," Ashley lamented. The other girls looked at her, unsure of whether to laugh or to just agree with their friend.

As the girls stay silent inside their hotel room, they heard a soft thud on their door. Shay was brought to reality by the knock and rushed towards it, hoping against hope that Sasha has come back. As she opened the door, she saw a man with dark-colored hair and blue eyes standing in front of her.

"Hi! Is this the room of Shay Mitchell?" he asked.

"Uuummm yes. I'm Shay."

As Shay answered, the three girls approached their friend and became curious as to who this guy is.

"I'm Dylan. Archer's fiance," the man said as he extended his hand to Shay. Shay was unable to say anything but extended her hand as a greeting.

"I'm sorry to barge in like this. Archer asked me to come here. He wanted to do it himself, but he's with Sasha." Hearing Sasha's name made Shay pay attention to the man in front of her.

"Where is she? Can you bring me to her?" Shay asked him.

"Can I come in first?" Dylan responded.

"Oh sorry." Shay ushered Dylan into their room, and the other girls followed. They all settled inside the hotel room, waiting eagerly for Dylan's news.

"Archer called and told me what happened. I will not go into further details because it's not my place to say anything," Dylan started.

"What are you trying to say?" Ashley can't help herself and spoke what's on her mind.

"From what Archie told me, your friend is pretty devastated. She's staying with him, in his hotel room. They're going to L.A. first thing tomorrow," Dylan continued while looking at Ashley.

"What? Why is she going to California?" Shay asked, her voice trembling.

"I told you, it's not my place to say. But Archie asked me to come here and tell you. He thinks that you deserve to know. Clearly, Sasha does not want any of you to know where she's going."

"Look Mr. Fiance. Are you telling us that our friend is running away from us?" Ashley said.

"Ash, easy," Troian said.

"Why the hell would she do that? We're her friends," Ashley responded.

"She doesn't want us to know, because she knows we'll tell Shay," Lucy started.

"And she doesn't want to see me," Shay concluded.

"I don't believe that. She's just hurt. Any person would be, after what you did. Just give her time," Troian said.

"But.." Shay started, but she couldn't continue.

"My advice, run after her," Dylan said, before getting up and started to leave.