[38] -Saving Alex

"Alex!" Stranger bangs on the creme colored apartment door, not caring if he disturbs any residents on the third level. "It's Stranger, please let me in."

"How'd you know to come here?" Cooper questions, not being able to hide the worry on his face.

"King's is required to keep customer information so when they order they don't have to keep saying their address over and over again—Alex, please!"

"I'm calling her."

His ragged breathing takes a pause as they listen for any signs of her being inside.

One.

Two.

After what seems to be an eternity, but could have only been three seconds, a muffled ring tone begins to blare somewhere in the apartment.

Stranger reaches on top of the door frame fumbling around for a key. With luck he finds one, jams it into the knob and bursts through. Everything is quiet besides the phone feet away from where they came in at. "Alex!"

Cooper runs ahead to the balcony, then to the kitchen. He'd been the last one to have communication with her so the guilt playing on his conscience is extreme, and will only double if they don't get to her on time. But, he can't even begin to imagine or comprehend what his friend must be going through. After all, Alex was the only girl Stranger seemed to have a real connection with.

They would talk for hours on end. During the day, at night, when they both were working even if they weren't suppose to. How one random call could blossom into such a strong relationship, even though neither of them had met, was beyond the realm of possibility to Cooper, Cameron, and Damon. Yet, they found a way.

"Did you find her?"

The question goes unanswered.

Cooper circles back to two other doors he passed and sees one has been opened.

Inside isn't quite the decor you'd expect from a nineteen year old girl. Actually, there isn't any decor at all. Most of the boxes are cornered by the sliding closet and in the middle of the room he finds Stranger, sitting on the neatly made twin sized bed with a note and an assortment of pictures in his hands.

"What is it?"

Inside, he already knew what it was.

A suicide note.

One piece of paper holding the possible last words of a young girl whose life was corrupt by society. It's been crushed more than once and has tear drops staining every other sentence, though, some of them are fresh.

"S-She..."

"I..."

"I'm so sor—"

"I know where she's going."

"What?"

"Come on."

"Wait what do y—"

"There's no time, Cooper! We have to go save Alex."

*

The intensity is risssinnnggggg

Ahhhhh

What's going to happen?

Will they get there on time?

Where is there?

Don't forget to:

vote
comment
share
follow me
add to a reading list

Until next time

❤️