Morning

The first sensation that Y/n felt when he woke that morning was a warm soft something draped across his torso. The next was the glare of the sun, burning into his eyes through his closed eyelids. Deciding to brave it, he cracked his right eye for an instant before clamping it shut again. To his shock, it was Mya the girl from yesterday, who was not only draped across him and dozing contentedly, but was also as naked as the day she was born!
Y/n lay there for a moment, unsure of what to make of this new situation, as his higher mental faculties tried to form a response to this, he idly noted the rest of the situation. He was also naked, his clothes in a pile not far from where the two of them lay. With his skull feeling like it had a pulse of its own, it took him a moment before he remembered what had happened the night before. A slight smile spread across his face as the memories of the previous evening began to return to him as well as feeling of relief as he confirmed that he'd not forced himself on the girl when he'd gotten drunk the night before.
Braving the sun once more, he decided to open his eyes, and before he come to any other conclusions or make any other action, he saw that he and Mya were not alone in the hut.
Standing in the doorway with the sun shining in over her shoulder was an extremely irritated looking Visenya, wearing a clean peasant dress. and looking much cleaner than she had the night before. But all of that was barely acknowledged by Y/n's hangover addled brain when he saw the wrathful look on the woman's face as she all but burned holes into him.
"Good morning. Did you have a good time?" The sickly sweet tone of her voice set off warning klaxons in his mind even stronger than the look in her eyes, and considering that her gaze currently could be classified as something between 'terrifying' and 'demonic', that said something.
A weak smile spread across his face and he tried to hold off the approaching doom that was coming for him for as long a he could, "Good Morning Visenya, I think I did. H-how was your night?"
She didn't answer his question though her face grew a large toothy smile that was less a grin then her baring her teeth, before she turned to Mya, who was now wide awake, and resumed her basilisk-like stare, this time at the other girl before biting out three words. "You. Girl. Out!"
Mya didn't have to be told twice, she immediately grabbed her clothing and after one last longing glance back towards Y/n, she dashed out of the hut leaving Y/n to face the avatar of feminine rage that was Visenya.
Visenya sighed and crossed her arms under her breasts, which Y/n noticed were much more pronounced and visible in her peasant's garb, shame that raw terror sucked all the allure of the situation. "This complicates matters," Were the first words that escaped Visenya's lips after Mya was long gone. Y/n had by this point dashed for his clothes and was rapidly pulling them on, waiting for the explosion that was bound to come from the silver-haired woman. Her actual response confused him for a moment.
Unsure as how to respond he simply asked, "Erm, why?"
Her eyes bore into Y/n with such incredible intensity, that Y/n felt he now knew how the rabbit felt when spotted by the hawk. She then formed a disturbing facsimile of a smile that chilled Y/n to his core for a moment. "Because the villagers have just seen one of their girls return under questionable circumstances with my 'lord husband'.
All thought in Y/n's mind screeched to a full stop, with all the grace of a car trying to avoid a deer. He stared there shell-shocked for a while, until he finally managed to croak out, "What."
That facsimile never left her face, "Oh, it's really quite the tale of dashing romantic heroism. You were the son of a sworn-sword in the Riverlands to a lord who could barely pay for the knights he already had. That and the cruelty of the Ironborn meant that you left to be a hedge knight. You then entered the Stormlands in the hope to find a lord to serve. You then decided to enter a tournament at Bronzegate, where you saw me, Renna." She paused to preen somewhat before she continued, "It was love at first sight," she sighed with a sarcastic tone. "But my father, a sworn sword and an important house vassal guard for Lord Buckler had no desire to wed his daughter to a scruffy hedge knight who'd fled from the Riverlands. But we refused to listen and we fled back North one dark night. Regretfully we lost your horse in our flight. Which now brings us here." The entire time she told her tale her voice rose and fell with all the dramatics of a Shakespearean actor, obviously to drive home the point of his idiocy.
"Um. Shouldn't we have discussed this?" He tried to ask lamely.
"Yes. We should have, but you were busy." She curtly replied.
Y/n could only stare, he had no clue how to respond to that for a moment. When he connected the dots and he responded with a groan of frustration, "And now I've ruined your ruse because I got too sloshed last night and one girl was too eager to thank me for saving her."
"Oh don't be a fool 'husband'. You're hardly the first married knight to take a comely peasant wench to his chambers. Why, you even had the uncommon courtesy to give her a say in the matter." The sarcasm in her voice was tangible, "The only reason that little ginger tart spread her legs for you was because her uncle told her to do so. I saw him talking with her when he left after you told him that we would be departing soon."
That brutal honesty hit Y/n like a blow in the gut, but thinking about it, it made a cruel sense in his mind. Back home Y/n had never been that skilled with women, he stuttered, he goggled, he was a blithering moron. The sole time he had tried to ask a girl out she'd verbally berated him while amongst their fellow high school students. It had crushed him and for the last five years he hadn't tried again since, settling for admiring women from afar but never communicating with them, convinced for years he had nothing to offer a girl in a relationship.
Y/n was growling in the depths of his throat. He was not just hurt about being used, he was furiously angry. Did they really think so little of him to believe they could guilt trip him into remaining here for the rest of his life? Before he left, he was determined to have a few choice words with Rolf and Mya about their pathetic little ruse. He pulled on his clothing, girded his sword, and then stormed out of the hut, intent on looking for either Rolf or Mya or hopefully both.
After a few minutes of looking, Y/n spotted Mya sitting at the door of a larger hut, brushing her hair with a wooden comb. When he saw her bright orange hair and that wistful look on her face, Y/n wanted to believe for second that Visenya was wrong and that it was an honest mistake. But then he remembered how it had been Mya who had been refilling his cup every time he put it down, keeping him from being able to judge how much he'd drunk. The anger returned and he stormed towards Mya again, intent on getting the truth from her as well as giving her a piece of his mind in the process.
Before he opened his mouth, Rolf happened to cross his path and started to go into a warm greeting, "Good-morning m'lord, I hope that ...." Y/n cut him of by raising his hand and turned back to Mya, who'd spotted Y/n walking towards her. She all but jumped up and nearly skipped her way towards Y/n, a smile on her face. "Good-Morning, m'lord."
"Good-morning." Y/n replied his voice flat though his eyes began to bore into her.
"Is there something wrong m'lord?" Rolf interjected, his face beginning to show concern.
"Oh nothing much, just a question I wanted to ask the two of you." Y/n answered nonchalantly. He turned back to the man and asked, "I must know, why are you so indignant about the Ironborn stealing your women when you're so anxious to give them away? I mean, it's not like I don't appreciate a good gift, but my very own peasant girl was somewhat unexpected but not entirely unwelcome, though I do wish you hadn't gotten me so drunk in the process."
Before Rolf could sputter a reply, Y/n then turned back towards Mya, who began to wilt under the angered gaze the younger man gave her. "Now, Mya, I have a question. Did last night mean anything or were you prostituting yourself for your uncle's benefit like a common dockside whore? I have to wonder was it Y/n you wanted, or was it the Dovahkiin?" His eyes were actually were blazing at this point, small sparks of red could be spotted in his pupils and they only grew stronger as he continued his gaze.
Mya stared in horror for a moment before she broke into a tearful cry and turned, fleeing from the two of them as fast as her legs could carry her.
Y/n stared after her for a moment, then snorted and was about to leave when he looked at Rolf and was taken aback at the pained and frantic look on his face.
"M'lord, please don't be angry with her, I was the one who thought up the entire scheme. You're from the Riverlands, you know what it's like living with those godsdamn Ironborn. You know what it's like living everyday wondering if they'll show up on those longships of theirs and burn or steal everything you ever knew or loved." He had a pained look on his face, like one who'd gone through horrible things in his life, things that were threatening to force themselves back to the forefront. "Mya, she's the only kin I have left. Her mother, my sister died when she but a babe and her father, some wandering lout ran off months before, me and my wife, we decided to take her in. After my wife died a few years ago she's all I have left, none of my sons lived to manhood and we never had a daughter ourselves. When I saw how smitten she was and when I heard you were leaving, I... I didn't know what to do. So I told her my plan and I hoped that you'd stay or at least take her with you when you left. Please I know you don't owe me or her anything, but I beg you please find her. Those Ironborn bastards might still be skulking around out there and if anything happened to her..." The big man trailed off and he all but collapsed into himself.
Y/n stood there, his burning anger turning inward. He was such a big damned hero, wasn't he? He'd shattered a girl's heart and he'd crushed the mad dream of a man who was trying to do what he could to ensure his home's safety and if he couldn't at the least the safety of his niece. He idly wonder what he'd do to next to fuck things up next. He wished Visenya hadn't said that he was a Riverlander, he didn't know what it was like to live in fear everyday wondering if some band of Cthulhu-worshiping thugs would crash into their lives and proceed to rape, pillage, and burn everything they had.
"I'm still upset with you, but I can understand why you did what you did. I'll find her." Y/n finally said.
The other man nearly collapsed and thanked Y/n repeatedly before Y/n finally got him off. He then walked into the forest. As soon as he was out of sight of the village, he started shouting her name, trying to think of what he was going to tell her. He felt like a heel for what he'd said to her after Visenya had talked to to him.
When he didn't get an answer after a few minutes, he took a breath and shouted "Laas Yah Niir!" Instantly the entire forest lit up with the various living creatures that were within a half-mile radius. He found, that the it was far easier to keep control of his senses. He scanned the forest for several minutes then, right at the very edge of his scan he spotted a small human female, 'Mya' but he also spotted a larger male form right on top of her.
His eyes widened in horror and he tore towards Mya where she and the stranger were still standing. After a few minute he tore through a wall of bushes and found Mya and a thin man maybe a few inches taller than him wiry build and looked like he could move quickly when he wanted to. His hair and he eyes were dark and he wore what appeared to be a noble's clothing but had been somewhat dirty and torn, most likely from a night spent in the forest. He was using Mya as a shield and he held a small dagger to her neck effectively holding the girl hostage.
Y/n had drawn out the sword, the dark Valerian steel glinting in the dappled light of the forest, and kept his eyes locked onto Ironborn.
"Let. Her. Go." He ground out each word as cold and harsh as if it had been carved from ice. His grip on the sword grew tighter and his knuckles cracked and reddened with the pressure.
The other man smiled jovially and, as if talking to an old friend, said, "Good tidings to you on this fine day! Ser Dovahkiin was it? I must apologize for the trouble but, I needed to make sure you were open to converse, hence the insurance." As if to make his point, he pressed the tip of his blade into the skin of her neck, causing the girl to let out a small cry.
Y/n was taken aback for a moment before he forced down his rage, and replied as calmly as he could,"And what makes you think she means anything to me?"
The Ironborn gave a hearty and bemused laugh before giving Y/n a look that seemed to say, 'do you think I am that stupid?' "I can see the concern in your eyes and I can smell the stench of sex upon her. I have no desire to harm to your pretty little Saltwife, but right now, she's the only thing shielding me from your magics. So I think for the moment she's looks best standing between us." Mya looked at Y/n with huge fear filled eyes, pleading him to save her.
Y/n looked at her for a moment before he turned back towards the Ironborn, his eyes hardened to green stone, though in the center of his pupils fire seemed to spark and blaze even in the dark under the forest canopy,"If you hurt her, I will show you there are things far worse than death..." He ground those words out with the finality of a headsman's ax. Only a fool could tell that he was giving no threat, but a statement of fact.
The other man answered with surprising calm, "I am Ironborn. Believe me when I say that, I am well aware that there are many things in this world far worse than death."
The two of them stared each other down before Y/n said, "So. What is it you want Ironborn?"
The Ironborn looked at Y/n for a moment, "Why, to serve you as your sworn man, of course." The smile on the man's face as he told him this couldn't have been larger.
When he saw Y/n's incredulous look on his face he continued, "I'm Bannon Harlaw of house Harlaw, my cousin Harren was the unfortunate fool leading this ill-conceived expedition. I'd give a bow, but for obvious reasons I must refrain."
Y/n thought back for a moment and remembered how the two Ironborn had said that their commander, the one that  Y/n had turned into paste the day before, had been the son of the lord of Harlaw. "Your cousin? Why would you want to serve your cousin's killer? I would've thought that you want revenge."
Bannon merely snorted with contempt. "My cousin was an idiot who refused to take council, and who's main concern in life was the next moist, lukewarm hole he could cram his dick into. I told him that raiding this village was a waste of time, but he refused to go home without first engaging in some 'merry sport'." Y/n could all but hear the scornful quotations wrapped around those last words. "He wanted a woman, and nothing I nor anyone else said would have changed his mind."
Y/n was a little stunned at that sort of callousness towards one's kin but that still didn't answer all of his questions. "Alright then," he replied. "I can understand if you didn't want revenge. But why do you want to serve me? Why not go home to your uncle and father, raise an army and put my head on a pike?"
Bannon had an answer for that as well, "First, that would involve being able to separate your head from your shoulders, a feat to which I have few delusions as to my ability to accomplish. Besides, even on the most pacific of days my Uncle Harrick is not exactly a mellow individual. To be blunt, he has the gentle temperament of a badger with its arse on fire. Even if I were to bring your head home, there is an uncomfortable possibility that mine would be hung right next to it for failing to save his half-wit spawn from his own stupidity."
Y/n looked at Bannon long and hard, much as he wanted to blast the bastard, he couldn't while he still had Mya held hostage. He finally made a choice, "Alright, if I did decide to take you in, what would you have to offer?"
A spark seemed to light up in Bannon's eyes for a moment, before he answered, "For one I could teach you to actually use that fine weapon. You look like you're chopping wood."
Y/n flushed and sheathed the sword while muttering, "Not that I really need it."
Bannon continued, "For another, unlike my idiot cousin, I actually paid attention during my uncle's meal-time conversation. I can safely assume that I know everything worth knowing. For example, were you aware that the king is planning a war?"
Y/n shook his head, "I know that too. Got anything else?"
Bannon raised his eyebrows for a moment before he answered as confidently as before, "My, you are certainly well informed. Well then. I am at a bit of an impasse. I guess the wealth of information I have on their numbers, positions, and possible targets would be completely superfluous then."
Y/n nodded his head, "Alright. You're in. Let Mya go."
Bannon nodded and released the girl who dashed to Y/n before bear hugging him and weeping saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."
Y/n returned the hug and kissed her on the crown of her head before saying, "It's alright, your uncle told me the whole story, I'm not mad at you anymore. It's alright."
When she calmed down enough to disengage from him, Y/n then strode over to the Ironborn before grabbing him by the front of his tunic and snarling out, "If I come to regret this, you will not live to regret this. Am I clear?"
Bannon never dropped his insufferable grin when he answered in a confident voice, "As clear as crystal m'lord."
Y/n shook his head as he let go of the man, "Were you this sarcastic back among your people?"
Bannon smirked, "Certainly."
Y/n raised an eyebrow, "And you're still alive?"
"One of the advantages of always being right." He replied with a shrug.
Y/n snorted at that being saying, "That and being the fastest runner in all of the Iron Islands no doubt."
Bannon stared at him for a moment before he laughed and said, "Oh, I like you! I think I will enjoy working with you m'lord. You have a sense of humor!"
"Before we head back to the village there is one more thing that we need to deal with." Y/n drew his sword and turned to the Ironborn. "Kneel."
Bannon gave him a look then he knelt.
Y/n nodded then said, "Do you Bannon Harlaw of house Harlaw swear to make an oath of loyalty to me  Y/n L/n 'the Dovahkiin' of house L/n?"
"I do."
"Do you swear to follow and aid me in all of my endeavors to the best of your abilities?"
"I do."
"Do you swear never to harm me or my own through action or inaction, through words, spoken or written, or deeds as well as those whom I call ally should they mean no harm to me or my own?"
"I do."
Y/n then tapped the flat of his blade across both of Bannon's shoulders, "Then I call you the first of my vassals and the first forever more for as long as our blood remains in this world."
With that Bannon rose and then the three of them walked back towards the village, Y/n idly wondered how Visenya would react to this new turn of events.