5. self-entitled rich guys

SAVANNAH

"Are you okay?"

I nod at Kim as I take a long sip from my water bottle. "I'm so glad that's over."

It's Monday and we just had an exam. I do feel a bit light-headed but that's probably because I didn't get a lot of sleep and I haven't had breakfast. It's the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do before exams. I didn't get out of work until midnight and had to wake up at five this morning. I'm exhausted. I don't have class after this, and I don't work until four so I can go home and get some sleep.

A lot of people from class talked to me this morning before we started the exam. They all saw what happened with Derek Collins on Friday night. I've been trying to forget all about it but it's been impossible. It's been all over social media. At least the attention is on the app now. He followed me on Instagram yesterday. Me. A celebrity with a blue check mark next to their name is following me on Instagram. Why in the world would he follow me? And how did he find me? I'm sure he got my name from the MATCH ME app. I should have known better than to put my real last name on it. I should have gone with Smith or Jones. Something generic, but, most importantly, fake.

Now I have a bunch of Derek's fan accounts following me. Maybe I should make my account private. I've always had it public. It doesn't really matter to me because I always clean it out by deleting old pictures. Yes. I'm weird.

"Oh my god," Kim suddenly says grabbing my arm, making me come to a stop.

I look at her. "What?"

"Is that Derek Collins?" She whispers pointing her finger straight ahead.

I follow her direction and sure enough, Derek Collins is leaning against a wall around the corner from where we were walking. It looks like he's posing for a photo shoot. He's wearing jeans with a white T-shirt and a black leather jacket. He has a black cap on top of his head, probably an effort to hide his face but I would know that jawline anywhere.

He nods at me with a smirk on his face when he sees me.

"What is he doing here?" I ask aloud.

"I think he's here for his date."

I roll my eyes. "This guy just can't take a no, can he?"

"Go." Kim urges pushing me forward.

I hesitate, not really wanting to go. I don't know why he's here and I don't like it. I already told him no why can't he just take it like a man? Deep down, I know that the real reason I don't want to speak with him is because I know he can make me change my mind and I don't want to. I want him to take my no and learn a thing or two about rejection.

I finally take a deep breath and walk forward towards him. He takes his foot off the wall and straightens up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him as soon as he's near earshot. "How did you even find me?"

"Instagram," He says winking at me. "It took less than three seconds to figure out where you go to school. You should consider taking the location off your pictures."

Instagram. Of course.

"I'll add the location if I want to." I tell him, stubbornly. He might have a point but I'm not about to admit it. "Did you come here to tell me how I should be posting my pictures?"

He chuckles. "Is this how you treat celebrities that come looking for you?"

"Ugh." I shake my head. "You're so annoying. Leave me alone," I say then turn around.