𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 - 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸

"Let me go!" One yelled, pushing and pulling against the restraints that held her

"Let me go!" One yelled, pushing and pulling against the restraints that held her. She was strapped from head to toe on a hard plastic bed with the two guards and Dr. Brenner looming over her.

"I don't think so," Dr. Brenner said with an unnerving calmness to his voice. "And in case you get any ideas again, the bed is posted to the walls. Portals won't get you anywhere."

One stretched her neck as far as it would go and let out a defeated sigh when she saw that Dr. Brenner was telling the truth. Plastic poles extended from each side of the bed to the cement walls surrounding her. Dr. Brenner seemed to have prepared himself in advance for her attempted escape. She wondered if he had precautions like this for every subject.

Subject.

Seven.

Wherever he was she hoped his situation didn't look as bleak as hers.

"You've been a real disappointment to me, One." The strap running across her forehead limited her ability to see so she could only tell Dr. Brenner's location by his voice. He seemed to be pacing because his voice was coming from everywhere. "We were supposed to do great things together. We were supposed to save the world."

The hands of the guards came into view as they began to stick nodes around her face and on her arms and legs. Wires extended from them to an unknown source. A cold spot moved from her chest to her stomach as she tried to imagine where they went.

"What are those?" One's voice trembled.

"Something to help you learn discipline," Dr. Brenner answered. "This will return things to back to normal."

Dr. Brenner once again moved out of a sight and One could hear a click followed by the humming of a machine. A surge of electricity filled the room and made every hair on her body stand on end.

One of the guards wedged her mouth open and shoved a plastic mouth guard inside. Unable to move her mouth, all signs of fear now resonated in her eyes, which were opened so wide they felt like they'd burst. She had an idea of what those wires led to.