𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻: 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎

"After you, madame," James bowed as he held the salon door open for One

"Thank you, m'lord," One curtsied and entered.

After a taking a good look at each other one day the two agreed that they needed hair cuts. James' curls hung past his eyes and One's long hair continuously got caught in her backpack straps when she put it on. It was getting to be slightly dangerous when they had to deal with monsters on a semi-regular basis.

After a thorough search of the salon, the two found one pair of scissors, a comb with half its teeth, and a container of red hair dye.

"Bet you won't," One smiled as she eyed up the hair dye.

"I'll do it if you do it," James shrugged with a similar smile.

"Deal." One gave James a firm hand shake and then grabbed the scissors.

"Whoa, I'm going first?" The gleam of the flickering lights shined off the dull metal of the scissors and gave James a startle. He subconsciously began petting his hair as One took a step closer.

"You don't trust me?" One asked, snapping the scissors open and shut.

"I do..."

"Good," One said and guided James into the chair. She threw a smock over his shoulders and began cutting before James could protest any further.

James watched nervously through the shrouds of mirror that weren't covered in grime but he had to admit that One was doing a pretty good job. He didn't know why he worried so much about how his hair looked in a post-apocalyptic world; he didn't have anyone to impress except One. And perhaps that was why.

One noticed him staring at her in the mirror and smiled. "How am I doing?"

"If you give me a mohawk I'm going to trip you the next time a monster is chasing us," James answered.