Chapter II - The Revival from Death

"So why exactly did you... not help me?"

What's that all about, I can't focus my thought upon it. Why am I having that dream over and over?

I'm currently sitting on the roof of this.. uhh... creepy mansion in night time. They must be talking inside. The moon seem to be a bit off though.

The moon looks like it was burning, though not enough to produce a daylight. It's more of it's just orangey burning bright. Hopefully that make sense.

Come to think of it, the "Player Info" did lacked alot of things. I've never seen any "Leveling system" just stats.

They took away the unfair part of RPG, a very nice idea. Whoever made this world, You have my gratitude.

Even with stats, Taking away the "Level" already helped the weak to feel less terrified of others. That means, You can only level up by doing an specific thing that improves that stat. Just like my world I guess.

While I'm in the roof, they're currently inside talking about something. This mansion is incredibly big, yet there's only one room which is the door in the end of the corridor. Where are the other rooms?

I wonder how I will improve my stats.

[Player Info:]

[Name: Magis Ryou]
[Age: 14]
[Race: Human]

[Stats:]

STR(Strength): 5
DEF(Defense): 10
INT(Intelligence): 150
AGI(Agility): 15
MTL(Mentality): 5
LUK(Luck): 5
PTL(Potential):???

[Health: 100]-[Health Regen 0%]
[Mana: 10]-[Mana Regen 0%]

[Skills: (None)]

I GOT SMARTER?!...
Hmm, It would seem thinking improves one's intelligence. So you just have to keep thinking and talk to yourself. Probably more effective than how they teach at school you know what I mean? hehe.

Anyways, I probably have to learn things, because this world gives me lot of curiosity.
"If I was transfer to another world, I'll feel excitement and show off my skills."
In my dreams now I guess...

"Ryou, come down here."

It would seem my girl is now calling me, hehe. Too bad! I'm the only one who gets to experience being in another world. You can kill yourself too and try if you will transfer.
(This is a joke, please do not commit suicide... yeah I don't wanna be reported for encouraging suicide act.)

"What is it? Aki?"

"I need you to talk to Master." she response.

I headed inside the mansion again, it would seem the light emitted inside are brighter, that's weird. I continued down the corridor.
It would seem, there are doors now, how unusual.

"Here, Follow me, Young man"

He guided the way to a door, Suspecious..
The door has carved flowers on it.
Is this a dungeon? Did I entered the demon's lair without me noticing?!
Oh wait... I probably did...

The flowers started glowing pink and released this pink gas that smells so sweet.
It was so nice that you could fall asleep.

The door's flowers glowed as bright as the other door did and dissappeared.

"You have a very bizarre taste huh?"

"Yes indeed" he responded.

We entered, the room is a big library, books everywhere. Honestly all of this are nothing compared to Mr. Internet.

"Atleast there are no any sort of viruses in the library"

"Shut up! Stop breaking the 4th wall!!"

The room's filled with books and they all look like magic books from video games I've played, amazing taste.

"Are they all magic books?"

"Magic books? Oh they're not."

Aki must be guarding outside, but my "Companion" doesn't contain this guy. I don't know his stats. How does this function work anyways? Does it have to make the 2 of us feel like we're comrades?
in order to be able to see his stats?

He picked up a book in a bookshelf, and sat on the couch with a coffee table in front of it.

"Books of Curse, or Cursed Books if you find it more pleasant that way more..."

"Books of Curse? What's that?"

He gave me a smile, it was quite creepy.

"These books sealed and disposed of by the ones who created them."

"And my pure curiosity does seek to possess these books. I would wanna know what will they do."

"Since they were taken care of,
that only means they were hidden away to us who seek to have them, wonder what powers they possess that the ones who created them feared for others to have them."

Quite a question, for me, it would feel like this guy will use me to get what he wants, he's too over dramatic in just talking about and explaining it to me. I know where this is going myself already.

He smiled again and stood up.

"Oh, yeah, it would seem Aki had quite a liking of you."

"What are you talking about?" I responded.

"Oh my, Aki, you finally felt somethi--"

"Shut up, Old geezer!!" Aki suddenly appeared at the door and interrupted.

Is this how young treats the old now? just light-heartedly lettting those words slip out of your mouth.

Genkai sat down again, this time he opened the book and read it.

"Where was I? Oh yeah, Cursed books."

"Ehem! Cursed books are said to be destructive that if atleast a single book is opened, it would cause great destruction of the world."

Basically "Pandora's Box" isn't it, opening it would be unwise that it would lead to destruction.

"Each book have different affects, or to be precise, Every books are every ways to end the world."

And he closed the book, and stood up to put it back to the bookshelf.

"That would be for now, but a part of the book bothers me."

Bothers you? what does that even mean?

"It is said, that one of the books could potentially, or atleast this is just a probability or a myth to be precise.
One of the books could cause someone to teleport somewhere and be revived whenever they die."

"Book that causes someone to teleport somewhere else and be revived from its death"