Chapter 14: The Match

Taylor's POV

It's finally Friday and today, one of the top school teams in Canada will go against Zach's team for the Football competition. I was lucky enough to be discharged straight after Dr. Drake had checked the scans and informed my parents and me that nothing was wrong, and I could go home.

Turns out Nora, my second sister, had been dating Dr. Drake. I found out that they were once friends from our hometown, and he had later moved here to pursue his dream as his doctor.

I was quite surprised because Nora has never been interested in guys before and was shocked when she told me that she was dating him. I was kind of hurt because she had never ever mentioned Dr. Drake before but still wished her the best because they looked serious about one another.

Back to the competition, I've been training hard these few days as we needed to build up the spirit during the match. Liam and I were back to being friends again and I love the time we spend together. Melissa, on the other hand, was unhappy and would always give me death glares but I learned to ignore them.

I had introduced my friends to Liam and at first, my friends were reluctant and told me not to get close to him again, but I knocked it off and said that what he had done to me was in the past. Zach and Liam do not get along very well; whenever one of them asks me what I want to eat, they will have a staring competition as if I am their property.

I decided to give the two of them a pep talk and told them to stop whatever grudge they have towards each other. Without any hesitation, they agreed to it, but I was definitely not buying their approval.

Currently, I'm stretching my body along with my peers getting ready for the competition which was in less than 30 minutes. Turns out the team that we are going against were Liam and his friends from his university. I didn't know he was into football because he had never told me anything about football before.

I'm surprised when I see Liam wearing his jersey for the football competition. The competition was about to start soon, and the crowds were coming in to watch the competition and I could not help but be nervous about who was going to win.

The girls and I are getting ready in our position somewhere near the field, without letting anyone see us while waiting for our principal, Mr. Wilson to make the announcement.

After a few minutes, Mr. Wilson makes his way to the microphone and says, "It's a pleasure to have some of our exchange students as well as their friends to go against our school team. Are you all ready?"

Everyone is cheering loudly as Mr. Wilson says, "Let's give a round applause to our cheerleading team from both schools."

I take a deep breath in and make my way to the field. The crowd went wild as we walk onto the field with our heads high and waving at everyone. When I'm walking, I see Melissa making her way to the field with the opposing team; I assume she is one of the cheerleaders as well.

Their song starts first and they start to perform while my girls and I watch closely at their performance realizing they are nothing like us; we were much better than them.

Melissa was throwing kisses every now and then, which was really disgusting judging by the faces of my peers and some audience members. Once she was done with her group performance, I signal to start our music.

When the music starts, all of us get into the zone and when we begin, there are loud cheers everywhere. It's in the middle of the song that I had to do my solo dance. I climb up to the shoulder of some of my cheerleader girls and do a backflip with loud cheering coming from the audience.

Once our routine is done, we walk past Melissa and her girls to see them throwing us some death glares. Their expressions told us that they are not happy that we did better than them and my cheerleader girls and I just smirk at them and walk past them, making our way to our seats to watch the match.

We sit in our reserved areas and Mr. Wilson says, "Thank you, girls. Let's now welcome our boys from the football teams."

Both teams come out and there were loud cheers from both sides. It was hard to actually hear what the emcee was saying.

The tension between the two teams is strong as I see them exchanging competitive looks, similar to the cheerleading teams. The game is starting, and everyone was watching closely to see who was winning.

After some time, the game is finished, and it turns out to be a tie. At least there is no winner or loser. The boys' teams give each other a handshake and go back to their respective locker rooms to shower and to settle down.

I decide to wait for the boys outside while I say goodbye to my cheerleader friends. When I'm about to turn to one corner, I see Melissa talking to some dude, but I can't really see who the guy is since his back was towards me.

I try to hear what they're saying to find out who the guy is and surprisingly the voice is so familiar that I could instantly know who that voice belonged to.

The first thing that pops into my mind is why is Zach talking to Melissa? Do they know each other?

Song 🎶: Gold Rush by Taylor Swift

How will Taylor react??

Whose side are you still on??
( #TeamLiam #TeamZach)

What happened next?

Remember to click the star ⭐️ button below once you are done reading this chapter :)