Chapter 28

Hello.

I love you.

That's it. That's-That's all I wanted to say.

Enjoy!

///////////////////////////////////////////

Your eyes were heavy and low-hanging as you stared at the snow-covered ground beneath you, your cloak clinging onto your shivering form.

Your mind kept trailing back to Taehyung. You couldn't stop yourself from racking your brain on how many ways you could have avoided leaving him behind with Titan...

You wished he was with you.

You heart sunk at the thought of such a free spirit being bound in chains and humiliated for some tyrants pleasure.

But you knew that he was right. That's why you allowed Jimin to pull you away from him. That's why you allowed yourself to leave him.

Jimin let out a sad sigh as he watched your brows furrow in an unknown emotion, eyes saddening as you ran a hand through your hair.

After an entire day of riding tirelessly, Jimin had suggested that you all stop and rest your legs for a few moments before continuing on your journey.

You were reluctant to agree at first, claiming that the faster you met the others, the faster you would get back to Taehyung, but Jimin had managed to convince you that you would not be able to last much longer if you didn't stop to rest for a few moments.

The three of you eventually settled on staying the night in an old mill that stood in the middle of a wheat field. It appeared to be in stable conditions and it would keep you all out of the harsh cold that awaited you outside of it's wooden doors.

"Taehyung is clever." Jimin breathed out from beside you. "He will find a way to keep himself alive."

You sighed heavily.

You and Jimin had gone down to the small stream beside the mill in order to get more drinking water for your journey, leaving Hoseok alone inside to try and start a warm fire to keep all of you from freezing to death in your sleep.