Chapter 51 - Sorry

Amanda Estelle

I looked at myself at the mirror and tried to massage my cheeks because it was hurting from smiling. We're currently attending a big event right now and people were congratulating us for soon to be our wedding since we're engaged and Kyle had been telling everyone that we'll get married soon.

It's a lie though.

We both prepared it last minute for a lot of reasons. He wanted to make it obvious so Catherine will believe it and as for me, so the guy who had been spying on me and Kyle tells Logan about it.

We're crazy.. for sure to lie about the wedding to almost everyone.

I walked out from the toilet and walked back into the ballroom. I sat down beside Kyle and he gave me a new glass of champagne.

"Jacob! How are you?" We both turned to see Mr. Cosven and we automaticly stood up from our seat to greet him.

"Mr. Cosven! I'm good, how about you?" Kyle shook his hand as smiling widely. Kyle put his arm around my waist.

"I'm good, Kyle." He answered and then he turned to me, "Amanda, you look stunning! How are you?" Mr. Cosven shook my hand and I smiled.

"I'm good and you look younger, Mr. Cosven."

"Oh! Thankyou! That's the best compliment that I've ever heard, I've been changing my diet lately."

"That's great." I said and Mr. Cosven excused himself because someone called him from afar.

"Kyle Denver and Amanda! You owe me a dinner, Kyle!" We both turned to see Mr. Dexter chuckling with a champagne glass on his right hand.

"Mr. Dexter! You remember!" Kyle hugged him and Mr. Dexter chuckled.

"Of course! You lose on our bowling night, remember?"

"Will never forget about that.." Kyle laughed.

"So.. when is the wedding?" He asked as he looked at the both of us.

"Soon, Mr. Dexter. We're still planning.." Kyle was lying though. We're going to register our wedding first next week and then have the grand wedding in 3 months.

"Good! I wish you two a happy life and please don't forget to invite me or I'll be very sad if you two don't." He said and I laughed. He put his hand in front of us as a promise.

"Thankyou so much, Mr. Dexter. Our wedding will come soon, we'll send you an invitation." I said to Mr. Dexter as I shook his hand to promise him that I will send the invitations. Kyle suddenly dragged me to the drink section.

"I hate lying.. we will never have our wedding." I sighed as I leaned my head to his shoulder. I'm tired trying to be bubbly and smiling to everyone.

"Don't worry, it's for our own good." Kyle patted my hand and I sighed again. I took a glass of cold water and drank it all in one shot. My heart is full of sin because of all the lies that we've been spreading around. God, please forgive me. I hissed looking at all the drinks, why don't they prepare a beer or a strong alcohol drinks.

"I need a strong beer.. I'm tired already." I said to Kyle.

"I'm assuming that you're Kyle Denver." I froze hearing that voice and I slowly turned my head.

It's Logan.

Logan is here, right in front of me. I miss him.. a lot. Oh God, help me. My lips froze and I could find my voice right away. I was speechless and I looked at him like he's a ghost because he's suppose to be in Denmark right now.