Chapter X: The Past

| To my main girl, @batterylife40. |

⚔⚔⚔

The moon muffled his screams.

His silver orb was bleeding crimson as his ex-girlfriend swallowed him whole.

The goddess stared down at the two, blood dripping on her machete.

None of this would've happened if they had just listened to her.

⚔⚔⚔

Let's go back, shall we?

⚔⚔⚔

Bulan the moon god was all alone in the third realm.

In all the seven worlds of Hamartia, Gugurang, Creator of All, had assigned him the only barren one.

As the lunar deity scanned the darkness of the third world, he tapped on his void in severe boredom. Looking down, he could see all the mortals frolicking under his light. Above, he bubbled with envy as myriads of stars and planets swirled together in the second realm.

This job is so plain boring, Bulan thought. Then he conjured a plan that he well prided himself in. Bulan climbed the first heaven, up to the celestial gates of Gugurang's abode.

"Dad? Hello?" Bulan swung his body idly while standing at the gates. A booming voice overtook his ears.

"Come in, son."

As the gates of pure light welcomed him in the first world, Bulan skipped along while approaching the Father of All Creation, who was reclining on a pillowed reed mat by the Lake of Wisdom.

Gugurang nodded to Bulan slightly, permitting the lunar deity to sit cross-legged next to Him.

"Father, I came here for a---"

The Creator waved His hand in dismissal. "You know I know what you came here for. You are permitted to do so. But only because I'm worried about your lack of protection. You aren't to make some ridiculous playmate to beckon at your whims."

The Creator was very rarely this dismissive. But with this son, He made a special exception.

Bulan smiled and nodded eagerly. "Sure. Cool, why not?" So not.

"Don't test me, " Gugurang asserted, raising His thick black eyebrow threateningly.

Killjoy.

I can hear you.

"Okay, then! ," the impatient moon rolled his fingers together. "So, I guess I'm out of here." Bulan took the collosal palm of the Creator and planted it on his forehead to recieve Gugurang's blessing. Bulan curled back into his silver orb and hovered above the lakeside.

"Bye, Dad! ," Bulan shouted as he swept past the gates of the first world and back to his home. As he reached his void in the sky, Bulan crouched and panted heavily before straightening up again. Smiling, he rose his arms.

Let's use this power for some fun, the mischievous moon thought.

Gathering his moonlight, Bulan formed a being in his likeness. But however he tried to mold the spirit, it feistily thrashed into its own form.

As the scattered light congealed into a body, Bulan smiled at his creation, even if it wasn't one of those cool things that mortals called 'friends'.