TWO

Clan Lord Dashiell

UNA KONG NARINIG ang tungkol sa propesiya sa bibig ni Muirgen, ang nakatatandang half-sister ng anak kong si Amethyst, ang ina ni Rosa Mia.

In a way I couldn't explain, every piece of events that happened to me fell into place when the elders disclosed the prophesies to me after I received the title as Witchlord of the Artisania Clan on my fortieth birthday.

My short affair with Amethyst's mother had always felt like a break from the routine of my life when I was young. I did not place any significance to it until later. Pero bata pa man ay istrikto na akong nadidisiplina ng aking ama at clan elders sa paghahanda sa magiging mga obligasyon ko sa aking paglaki. I was born to lead my clan.

But, when I met Dulheime when I was eighteen, nothing could have prepared me for her and what she brought to my destiny.

She was a very beautiful young woman who called for me and awaited me in these very woods. I broke many clan rules just to be with her. Sa simula pa man, alam kong hindi siya ordinaryong Majikal. I was hooked by her beauty and fell in love with her spontaneity. I had never met anyone like her before or, even after she disappeared, had encountered anyone close. Amethyst's temperament was more like mine – more human than Fae.

Except her sweetness. That was from Dulheime.

So, it turned out I was frolicking with a fairy witch, who needed my seed to fulfill a prophesy foretold in the land of the Fae. She was going to be the mother of powerful Witch Queens. To the Fae, being an ancestress or a grandmother was the same thing as being the mother. I didn't even know I got her pregnant until Amethyst was sent to me when she turned sixteen.

But the moment I saw my hybrid child, I knew in my heart she was mine.

Amethyst gave me my sweet and gallant grandson Remi, and that was the first of her gifts.

When she gave birth to her second baby, a daughter she wanted named Rosa Mia even when she knew nothing about the witch queen in her bloodline that bore that same name, I felt in my soul the hum of prophesy fulfilled on my end from Dulheime's.

It was about time she arrived, too, for we were almost at the age of the deluge that will reset Tierra Firme to what it was in the beginning of time.

The deluge that most humans didn't live to survive if there were no witch queens to anchor them.

Sa malapit na hinaharap... great earthquakes and incredible storms, and lands and seas would adjust to the changing positions of the poles. Ito ay isang natural na pangyayaring nauulit kada dalawampu at anim na milenyo, kasing natural nang pagsikat ng araw tuwing umaga at paglubog niyon sa dapithapon. All creatures had always been anchored by the Majikals and natural-born witch queens in these celestial events.

Pero ngayon... halos naubos na ang makapangyarihang mga Majikals. At napakatagal nang walang pinapanganak na witch queen.

Paano nangyari ito?

Ayon sa mga Grimoires, noong unang panahon ay walang Mundi at walang Majikal. Lahat ng mga nilalang ay may taglay na kanya-kanyang abilidad sa paggamit ng enerhiya ayon sa pangangailangan.

Pero nagkaroon ng dilim sa kasaysayan. Ang kapangyarihan ay ginamit sa pagsakop at paglupig sa karapatan nang mas nakararami nang ilang mga ganid sa kapangyarihan.

Ang pang-aabuso ay naglikha ng imbalance at naging polluted ang mga bloodlines. Ang mga Majikal ay nanghina ang majika sa pag-aasawa ng mga Mundis sa Tierra Firme, hanggang mabibilang na lang ang mga angkang nagagawa pang mapanatili ang kalinisan at kapurihan ng dugo at nakagagawa pa ng majika.