34

Robbie and I got out of Ashton's house. Robbie's car was parked just outside the house. We got into the car in silence. I'd noticed that he was wearing a blazer but didn't ask him earlier as we were having a conversation with Ashton.

He started the car and played the fm where Louis Tomlinson's new song don't let it break your heart started to play. I loved that song. Actually, I loved all his songs.

I hummed along the song for a while. "You were at work?" I asked him out of the blue. He nodded. "I'm sorry, you had to—"

"Aana..." He chuckled, "I'm your big brother. It's my job to make sure that you're okay. It's fine, really. If you think that this a is great effort than you don't have any idea what we brothers can actually do for our sister,"

I smiled at his sweet gesture. "thank you,"

"Love you,"

I chuckled "love you too,"

•••

When we came home, it was only Mum in the living room waiting for us to arrive. I was embraced in a bear hug by my mother who was a little teary. I managed to make her understand that I was okay and that she didn't have to worry about anything.

Dad was still on bed rest, I wanted to meet him but Mum told me to just go freshen up first and then I can do whatever I want to. So I did what she wanted me to. I showered in warm water and slipper into a baby pink hoodie and comfortable grey joggers. I put my hairs in a pony tail and then when I was finally fresh, I went down. All of this took somewhat half an hour or more.

When I got down, the scene was a little uneasy. My dad was sitting on his wheelchair beside the couch. And on the couch, there were two police officers. One was a lady who seamed to be the head and a men who was probably working under her.

Then my Mum was standing beside dad. Even Venky was there, sitting on the coffie table and talking to the lady. The other guy was writing down on a note pad simultaneously.

I coughed to get their attention. I was successful in it too. Venky smiled at me and beckoned me over. I shyly walked up to him and sat beside him on the coffie table. He wrapped an arm around me and felt my palm with the other.

"You okay now?" He asked softly. I nodded with a reassuring smile.

The lady infront of us coughed. I looked at her already knowing what was about to come.

"Hello, Aana,"

"Hi," I said mildly.

"I'm officer Loren and I'll be working for the case your brother has filed in," case? I immediately understood it's about the pictures which got me and Ashton on the edge of our relationship. 

I nodded merely.

"I have a few questions, Aana. I hope you're comfortable with it,"

"I am," I said quietly. The fact that someone was watching me was terrifying, but this investigation was more important that my sensitive heart.

Venky sensed my discomfort and squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"I'm ready to answer your questions Ms. Loren," I said sounding more confident.

She gave me a bright smile, "that's good. So let's start," she took a black small machine which looked oddly similar to a recording device which I usually see in TV shows. She started asking me questions like 'did you feel someone follow you?' Or 'do you suspect anyone?' And she also asked me if Tony was aware of this or not, ofcourse not. I myself found out about this like a night ago.