Chapter 9

Have you ever had that moment when you walk down the streets, down the stairs, walk anywhere. And, there's music playing, either drumming out of your head phones or there's a base somewhere in the background. You walk, and it turns into a strut, and your on this, like, ultimate high? Yeah.

Hi.

Me and Sam walked down into the kitchen, where it was already packed! Already! And it was early still, for a party. I spotted Gus at the counter talking to some dark haired, incredibly handsome guy. I pulled Sam over with me to introduce the two.

"Gus! Hi! This is Sam, she's a good friend," Gus grinned at me then shook Sam's hand, she blushed slightly.

"Hey, wow Ashleigh are all of your friends this attractive?"

"Well most of my friends are boys so... you do the math?" he looked slightly embarrassed but if he was covered it up with pulling me into a bear hug.

"You look beautiful. Can I get you two something to drink? You don't have to have alco-" he was interrupted by me reaching over him and grabbing the vodka.

"We got it. And Gus, you haven't introduced me to your friend?" he looked over to the handsome guy and smacked his head.

"Shit, yeah of course. Um, Ashleigh this is Dylan, Dylan, Ashleigh,"

"Nice to meet you," I smiled at him and poured myself some vodka, then filled the top of the cup with fruit punch.

"Very, very nice to meet you too. Now, are you sure that's not to much for you to drink?"

He winks at me and steps slightly closer, leaning against the counter. I ignore the voices telling me how sexy he is. I snort instead, you know, being incredibly sexy myself.

"Am I sure? I could drink a whole keg, actually I think I have before!" I laugh at the memory and take a sip of my drink.

"Yo, Ashleigh, Dylan, we're going to go, um, outside."

Gus nods his head towards Sam, who I had completely forgotten about. I nod my head and wink at Sam, getting a red blush against her skin.

"Have fun!" I say as Dylan starts talking again.

"So how do you know the guys?"

"Oh, I don't know them that well. Well I do, but I've only known them for a week or two."

Dylan gives my a questioning look.

"So how do you know them?"

"Oh right, yeah. Nothing much, I just, uh, sort of, live with them."

Dylan spits the drink that he was taking a gulp of and stares at me in disbelief.

"Your the cute, badass new girl?"

"Who the hell said that?!"

"Liam."

I can't help the blush that escapes me. He said I was cute!

"So how do YOU know the guys?"

He smirks at me and my cheeks practically flame. I cover it up by finishing of the rest of my drink that I'd been nursing. So much for pacing myself with the drinks.

"I go way back with Gus, and the other guys are all pretty much family to me, so, yeah."

"Gus is a great guy isn't he?"

"Yeah, he has great friends too," he winks at me and I playfully smack his arm, laughing.

Suddenly, Liam comes from behind me. I know it's him from his woody scent.