Mein Hertz

Mein Hertz

Till / Richard

Till

Its late and it's pouring with rain, I manage to get the car into shelter near some wooden cabin to the side of the road. It's safe to say we are lost, and right bang in the middle of nowhere, with only the beautiful night sky for a light. Richard left me about half an hour ago in search of a gas station, or even with some luck a motel nearby so we can shelter for the night.

I look down into the car bonet one more time, but with very little light, it's useless even trying to attempt to see what i'm doing. Finally I slam it shut and walk over to sit down in the empty car seat, I run my hand through my wet hair and squint as I look out into the distance, trying to see any sign of Richard, but nothing. I swing my legs into a proper seating position and slam the door, as i look around the car i catch sight of a pack of cigarettes and laugh to myself, about how annoyed a certain someone would be right now without them. Thinking nothing of it, I light one up, and roll down the window to throw the match, it's light disappears instantly.

I suddenly feel tired, and ponder going to check out the run down cabin we made it to before the car broke down. Just as I throw the cigarette away and prepair to check the dump out, I see a figure ahead running towards the car in the distance. At first it appears to be what is now a beat up umbrella bobbing around like a complete mess, then as I look closer I notice Richard sheilding underneath it, I swing the car door open and step out as his footsteps get closer smashing into the puddles on approach.

"Mein Gott...was Zur Hölle ist mit dir passiert?" I try not to laugh as he gets closer and appears to be covered in mud.

"Is that all you can say to me right now?" Richard answers back in frustration, which only makes me smirk more.

"Well? did you find anything at the bottom of the mud hill?" I try to remain serious but, looking at him I just can't.

Richard throws the broken umbrella to the ground and we both stop for a moment and look at it. Within an instant, we make eye contact and burst into laughter. In that moment the rain starts to get heavy again, so we both go to shelter inside the car while we figured out what to do next.

As I climb into the passenger seat beside Richard I immediately inhale a cloud of smoke as he sighs an almost arousing sigh with relief.

Richard

I sit still in silence, recalling the sheer bad luck of the last hour.

After I left the car earlier on, the lighting got worse and worse, I tried not to walk too far away, as I left Till behind with the broken down vehicle. It already looked like there wasn't a great deal around, which I may have realised before I was 2 miles away. Then to top it all off, some kind of animal ran out of nowhere towards me from the bushes, and in a pathetic attempt to defend myself, I held out the open umbrella that was then blown inside out by the wind, then I fell backwards down the hill into a mud patch, and the rest is history. Not my proudest moment. On the way back up, I rescued my umbrella from a tree branch.

I close my eyes for a second and sigh deeply, then I turn to look over at Till who is analaysing his phone.

"No signal." He states "The guys must be in the city by now, probably trying to get in touch."

"What time is it?" I enquire, still in a daze as I take another drag from my cigarette.

"I make it 1:15am." He answers and turns to look at the cabin.

"I could just sleep right now."

All joking aside this couldn't have happened at a worse time, my body aches all over, and I was looking forward to a nice warm bed tonight. I pull the seat backwards into a almost lying down position and Till watches me as I do. Then I feel his hand pat my leg, and he pushes the car door open.