six

"We're going to be so much happier" my mom spoke as she drove us home, myself not feeling happy in the slightest.

"You're actually going to meet some of my new friends- it's people your dad would never let me hang out with, but I love them so much" she spoke, seeming so- happy.

"When?" I asked, seeing her look to me.

"Tonight" she smiled.

I looked to my phone, seeing that it was almost midnight.

"I have school tomorrow-" "I know, you'll make it." She grinned.

We got home, seeing two unfamiliar cars in the driveway.

I texted dad, telling him that we were home before following my mom inside.

"Macy!" My mom yelled, pulling a random girl into a tight hug, four others standing in the background.

"Macy meet my daughter, Skylar, Skylar this is Macy, that's Dylan, Brian, Kansas and Antonio." My mom spoke, pointed to each person as I smiled lightly.

"It's so nice to meet you!" Macy yelled, pulling me into the tightest hug.

She smelled like smoke and alcohol.

"Nice to meet you" I mumbled back quietly.

"Yeah, it's really nice to meet you, but your mom needs to celebrate finally being free, and we'll be doing some adult activities, so why don't you go upstairs?" The Brian one asked me.

I was taken back.

I didn't respond, but I looked to my mom, expecting her to tell him something.

"Yeah sweetheart, go get ready for bed, I'll come hug you before you go to sleep"

So she didn't even want to be with her daughter after today?

I gave a small nod, going upstairs, feeling every emotion from the past few days hitting me.

I wanted my dad
I wanted my uncles.

But I pushed it away.

I showered, braiding my wet hair and getting into shorts and a random t-shirt.

I got into bed, looking to my phone, seeing a text from my dad

Okay baby, glad you made it safe. Call me if you need anything, I'll be there in seconds. I already can't wait to see you again, please send me pictures of stuff that you do throughout the week. Have fun pretty girl, I love you.

How was I supposed to be away from him for a week?

I love you more. I'll make sure to keep you updated, have a good week, give all of the boys hugs for me❤️

I put my phone on it's charger, making sure I had my alarms set before turning my fan on and completely laying down.

Everything would be okay.

I would get used to this in no time

And in the end, my parents are happier, and that's all that should matter.