Chapter 2, Tatooine

/Third person POV/

"Lets go! We have no time to waste! You heard General Leia!" Poe Dameron yelled as a group of seven pilots boarded their X wings. General Leia had given strict orders to attend the call for help coming from Tatooine, and Poe wasn't sure it was because she was very worried it was a First Order attack or if it was because her brother Luke had been raised there. 

Rey knew it was because Leia wanted to see if the distress signal had anything to do with the strangeness in the force. It was strong, but both of their minds were completely clouded on the provenience of it, so Tatooine was their only clue for now.

 "Poe! Wait!" Came a female voice. Poe turned around, to see Rey jogging towards him. "I'm going with you Poe!" She said. 

"Rey, don't be crazy. You aren't coming, it could be a trap, and you are our best fighter, the only one able to use a lightsaber correctly, there is no way I'm risking you getting captured, or killed!" 

Rey gave Poe an annoyed look before scoffing. " If this has anything to do with the strangeness in the force, I need to go! I'm the only one who could guide you! What will you do, Poe? With seven pilots in the middle of the arid desserts of Tatooine? You'd get lost!" Rey mentioned, walking past Poe and getting ready to board another X wing. 

"Well, let me remind you that you have no idea where to go either! Have you even ever been on Tatooine? You would get as lost as me and the pilots! Who knows, maybe you would get captured by Tusken raiders!" Poe pointed out, stepping in the way of Rey and the X wing. 

" Move." She said, furrowing her eyebrows. 

" Yeah, that's not happening. So, go back to jedi train or something, because you're not going to Tatooine!" Poe grounded, lifting his chin up in command.  "Come on Poe! You can't tell me what to do!" She complained.

 Poe looked hesitant for some seconds, considering the option. " I hate the idea of it. You're my friend, Rey. And I wouldn't like to see you hurt."

" Anyways, I don't really need your permission to go to Tatooine, do I?" Rey cocked an eyebrow. " You kind of do. I'm the leader of this fun little expedition." He snickered. 

" Poe..." She insisted. " Please?"

 " Alright, fine. But if anything happens to you, do not let the blame onto me, even if you die. You have to find a way to tell General Leia it was you're fault! That's on you!" Poe joked, as he moved out of the way to go to his own X wing. 

Rey laughed as General Leia walked to the wing of her X wing. "Rey, please be careful, even for a skilled person like you, Tatooine is a dangerous planet." She said, bringing Rey into a hug. " Do not worry, General. If this has anything to do with the oddness in the force, I will find out!" Rey whispered confidently.

 " I know you will Rey, you never give up." General Leia replies, having her hands on Rey's shoulders. 

" May the Force be with you." Rey said in a hushed tone as she jogged to her X wing and prepared for takeoff. General Leia had not heard that phrase in a long time, and as well as it warmed her heart and gave her hope, it filled it with a little bit of sadness, of memories. 

The small squad of X wings each took off into the darkness of the Outer Rim territories, heading towards the Beige and sandy planet. It wouldn't take long for them to get there, but every second was timeless, for lives could be in danger, or the First Order could be on their way to wards Tatooine as well.  Rey heard nothing coming from anyone's radio transmissions, and the silence was becoming unbearable. 

"Anyone know specifically where to look?" Rey asked through her radio transmitter, awaiting a response from anyone. 

The only thing she heard was static for a couple seconds, before another transmitter was heard. "We can specify our trackers once we are on land, but for now, keep your eye open and straight on the target. We don't want to encounter any First Order star destroyers." Rey recognized the voice of Poe over the meek static of the radio and nodded to herself.

Not far in front of the pilots, a beige planet began to appear: Tatooine. As if by instinct, they all accelerated, anxious to reach land and the objective of the unexpected mission. 

/Time skip/

Poe wiped sweat from his forehead and covered his head with his leather jacket while walking towards Rey and the seven other pilots. They had landed in the middle of sand dunes, no village or town to be seen.

" Still not used to the heat, Poe?" Rey laughed. 

" I don't need to. There's no heat in space!" He scowled.

" Maybe, but this isn't space." She replied.

" Have you found the specific land coordinates of the distress signal?" Poe asked one of the pilots. "Yes sir, it does not appear to be far from here, which is odd, since we are in the middle of nowhere." The pilot responded, showing Poe a hologram which traced a path from their location to the signal. 

" There is no time to waste then, lets get going." Poe said, staring off into the horizon. "You three, stay here and guard the X wings. Be alert of any suspiciousness." Poe added, pointing at three of the pilots as him, Rey, and the four other pilots began following the path indicated by the hologram.