Chapter 74, Interruption

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

Kylo grip on my hand tightened as I told him what had happened to Givu Djarggi, and his expression was yet again: unreadable. Come on... Say something, dammit! Don't leave me hanging like this, Kylo! I yelped in my head as I nervously twitched my hand. My eyes wondered around from side to side, even if I wanted to maintain the eye contact. Either way, it seemed as if Kylo had zoned off as well, so it was useless.

" Oh." He said calmly and out of the blues. Too calmly for the magnitude of the situation. I was startled: I had just told Kylo that I had killed someone!  Why would he react any different? I told myself in annoyance. He's killed tens, maybe hundreds of people! It's all normal to him. I turned my back to him and hid my frown, I was expecting Kylo to care a little bit more for what I had done, or to at the very least answer in empathy. 

" Y/n... What are you doing?" Kylo asked as he placed his hand on my shoulder, but I brushed him off. " What did I do?" He questioned once more. I scoffed and scooted away from him, throwing the thin covers over my head. " Y/n. What is it now?" Kylo asked again, as if he didn't know.

I wanted to ignore him, but I knew I wouldn't be able to, so at least, I had to answer in annoyance. " Why don't you at least pretend you care, Kylo?" I grumbled, still facing my back to him. " I killed someone, for crying out loud! Have you any idea what your response was? 'Oh' ?! I'm sorry if I'm not really fond of you responding to something that important to me with simple carelessness." I told him angrily. 

I could hear him sight and breath heavily. He had remained silent for a couple seconds, and I started to worry I had angered him, even if I wasn't scared of him anymore: an angry Kylo, especially when he was angry at whomever would witness, was not a fun sight to see. But, Kylo exhaled deeply and tangled his fingers in my hair, and brushed the knots that had started to form in my messy hair with his gloved hand. " Y- you think I don't care?" He muttered, his voice breaking, as if he was going to cry. " Y/n, anything to do with you, I care. I care more than there are stars in the galaxy! Hell, in the universe!" He whispered, but loudly enough so I could hear. " I care... and too much."

I turned back to face him, and I immediately felt guilty. What right did I have to get angry at him like that over a simple reply. Kylo was right, he did care. I knew he did. He had proved it to me countless times, meanwhile, I had done nothing exponential, or nothing he knew about to prove I cared about him too. " I know." I muttered as I sat upright on the hospital bed. 

" I'm sorry. I was just a little surprised about your response." I whispered swiftly, massaging my forehead with the palm of my hand. "I'm tired, and foolish. I didn't mean to scold you like that. I don't know what came over me." I mumbled as I kept my head low, ashamed of myself. " Thank you, for noticing your mistakes." Kylo replied, calm once again. " If anyone understands... it's me." He quietly said, as if he was talking to himself, but I had heard. 

" I feel bad now. It's not as easy to get rid of the remorse as you think." I muttered, still not accepting the fact he had forgiven me. " Don't dwell on feelings of that sort." Kylo replied, standing up. " In this life, you should know already there is no place for guilt." Even if he was talking to me, I felt as if those words were said to convince someone else, maybe himself. 

" Where are you going?" I asked as Kylo paced around the room. " No where. But I've been sitting down on that chair for too long." He said, motioning the stool next to my hospital bed with his chin. I let out a small laugh, but noticed Kylo hadn't laughed as well, which was awkward. Now you've ruined yet ANOTHER moment with him. I grounded myself. Everything was perfect a couple hours ago, in that holding cell. Except for the part I was bleeding out, but other than that, it was soothing. I just had to complain about his comment. 

I rolled my eyes at myself and stared at the roof of the hospital wing, being a bit blinded by the shiny light. " What's on your mind?" Kylo asked, walking back next to the bed and placing his hand on top of mine. I tried to hide my smile and shook my head. " Just having a conversation with my lack of common sense on how I should keep my mouth shut more often." I joked, but it was pretty much the truth.

Kylo also let out a small, deep chuckle, and I felt relieved the mood hadn't gone completely downfall. " You should rest." Kylo said, sitting on the corner of the hospital bed, his hand still on mine. " No. Now that I'm awake, there's no going back to sleep in a while mister. Do you have any idea how much I've slept the past two or three days?" I asked him mockingly. " I will assume a lot, since you don't even know specifically how days have passed." Kylo answered. I rolled my eyes playfully and scoffed. 

" Smart." I mocked as I threw him a light and friendly punch at the shoulder. " It's a natural talent of mine. Unfortunately, I can't help being intelligent." Kylo said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, " I bet you are, commander Ren." I whispered. " Supreme Leader, I prefer." He mocked once more. Even if I knew it was a joke, it made me a little uncomfortable to remember how Kylo had proclaimed himself that status. 

The doors of the hospital wing opened abruptly, and a man all too familiar barged in, as if he controlled the place, which he kind of did. " Head commander Ren, there is something you must know." Came the arrogant voice of no other than General Hux.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The carrot haired general is BACK.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! TBH, I feel like the protagonist thinks she can't be mad at Kylo for who knows why. NOT EVEN I DO. And it angers me a little bit, even if I'm the one writing this and I could easily just change it. BUT STILL. 

* Totally did not have a person with a common cold breakdown between writing this. AND DEFINITELY DID NOT SLIT MY EYEBROW AND TOTALLY REGRET IT*

ANYWAYS... *AHEM* I hope you have a wonderful day or night, wherever you are! Thank you for all the support towards me and the fanfiction, you don't know how much it means to me to know that people like my writing! 

- Camille

The force in redemption | Kylo Ren x reader | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara