Under No Illusion

Under No Illusion

Right Reserved
ShinichiLaaaabs©
Tammii Gomez
01042020

Prologue

COOLER

I was brought inside the precinct the same time a small built woman with rainbow-colored hair was cuffed on the chair. Same old precinct. May mga pulis na nag-uusap, some were sipping on their coffees, others looked honest with their jobs while some looks like they’re here for attendance purposes only.

Oh crap, I was caught again. Ilang beses na ba akong nahuli ng mga pulis? They allegedly saw me shoot some guy. “allegedly” because none of these allegations has been proven and I was always innocent.

I mean, why would I shoot a guy?

Maybe I did but it’s not like I killed them.

I could, but it would be a waste of energy. I’m up for the success of the shipment, not to death of some traitors. The killing part would be done by someone, not me.

I sat on the chair and none of the officers tried to cuff me on the chair like they did to the rainbow girl.

Ah, I hate precincts. They smell, it’s boring, no good coffee aside from instant and they need to invest in cleaning program unless they want to die due to mosquito bite.

I bet my money that the mosquitoes are feasting on rainbow girl’s legs. She was wearing a torn fishnet stockings, a fitted cropped top shirt with Daddy’s Little Monster print and short shorts plus heavy makeup.

Oh Harley Quinn. I got the reference.

Is she some prostitute?

I watched her grinned at particularly no one as she pulled a pin using her free hand from her rainbow-colored hair. Twisting it a bit, she used it to unlock the cuff on herself.

She did what?

Ngumiti siya nang dumaan ang isang pulis sa harap niya. She grabbed a flyer from the table and reached for the telephone on the side. I ignored her and waited for the damn lawyer to come, the one who knew the drill if something like this happens. It’s not like it’s the first time.

Pinanuod ko siya habang komportableng nakaupo, ignoring the police who was walking back and forth at abala sa kung anu-ano. No one has yet noticed how she freed herself from the handcuff. Ilang minuto na siyang nakaupo roon at tila bored na bored.

“Tumawag ka na ba ng abogado?” tanong sa akin ng isang pulis na kakalapit lamang. If I will categorize him, he looks like one of the cops who were actually doing good in their job. Younger than most of them but definitely has some sense of responsibility.

“Yup,” sagot ko sa kanya at naupo ng naka-dekwatro, much to his annoyance.

He cleared his throat as he got a handcuff from his side and cuffed me.