Chapter 7 - Uncivilized

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/99094

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

~~~~

~~~~

Day One

Day - Park

People were around a crime scene.

An officer was talking to Frank and Olivia, leading them inside the crime scene. "The victim's name is Ryan Davies, reported missing Friday night around 6:00, 6:30."

"Positive ID?" Olivia asked.

"Pending notification of the family," the officer answered.

"Who found the body?" Frank asked.

The officer pointed toward two kids. "They did."

They walked closer toward the kids.

Olivia placed her hands on their shoulders. "What happened here, fellas?"

"We were playing touch," boy 1 told her.

Olivia nodded. "Mm-hmm."

"He sent me long," boy 2 told her.

"The ball rolled into the bushes and l..." boy 1 trailed off. "There was a pile of leaves and stuff."

Olivia looked from Frank to the boys. "Okay, let's go through it again, real slow, and tell me what happened."

Frank walked into the bushes, walking toward the body bag. "What do we got?"

"Kid was assaulted, strangled, left in a shallow grave," Officer 2 told him.

Frank looked at a small shoe officer 2 was holding.

Officer 2 put the shoe inside a bag.

Frank sighed. "How old?"

"Around eight," Officer 2 answered.

Two EMTs kneeled down to take the body away.

"Wait, hold on one sec," Frank told them.

The two EMTs stopped.

Frank kneeled down, looking over at Olivia and the two kids.

Olivia looked over.

Frank looked at the body bag for a moment, unzipping the bag, looking inside. He let out a breath.

~~~~

Davies House - Outside

Olivia and Frank were outside.

Mrs. Davies opened the door.

"Mrs. Davies?" Olivia asked.

Olivia showed Mrs. Davies her badge.

Mrs. Davies stepped back.