Abducting the bride.....

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

Festival of couples had already began. This week is universally titled as 'The Valentine Week.' No matter how much wealthy you are, your wallets are going to get empty by the end of this week. Rose day, Chocolate day, Teddy day (Huffff!!!!!! Headache), this week is seriously a festival for the love birds. The Singles howbeit celebrate a different day i.e. The Slap day. There is nothing better than the joy of slapping a plonker in love (An Excerpt from the Diary of a Single,lol!!!!). The whole metropolis was in love, excluding the singles ofcourse. Chocolate shops, Flower Shops and Teddy shop owners were engrossed in counting the money after all the simpletons of the metropolis had deposited all their salary in their shops. The parks of the city were filled with the couples. Love was in the air howbeit only a few quick-witted peeps knew that this air was dangerous (very dangerous). The residents of the Ahlawat Mansion had nothing to do with this 'Valentine Week'. Their first love is killing, and they celebrate their Valentine day everyday by killing. Interesting Isn't it!!!.

Nandini stood in the small parlour of her house. There was a Puja in their neighbour's house and she was waiting for her brother to get ready. It wasn't just a Puja, their neighbour's son was getting engaged today too. She was dressed up in a lehenga, blouse and a dupatta, looking gorgeous as ever.

She pouted as she hated to wait

She pouted as she hated to wait. She sat on the sofa with a thud. Meantime her brother entered inside dressed up in a Suit, looking handsome as ever.

"I am so sorry my dear for making you wait

"I am so sorry my dear for making you wait. " naksh said with guilt. Nandini pouted.
"It's OK brother. C'mon let's go now. " she said with a smile. Naksh smiled back. A bouncer entered inside the parlour abruptly.
"Ready to go, Sir. " he asked folding his muscly arms.
"Yes. " Naksh said as he held her little hand into his and started to egress out of the parlour.

Samrat stood in his room, his hands clasped together at the back and his eyes fixed on a huge photoframe right in front of him. He gazed at the photoframe with tears in his eyes. The photoframe had the photos of three man. Samrat on the left, Viraj on the right and an anonymous man in the middle. Samrat recalled the moment when the photo was clicked. Three of them were on a beach that day. It was one of the rare occasions when they planned an outing. Viraj was literally making them laugh with his silly jokes and that's why they are laughing like an imbecile in the photo. A smile formed on his lips when he remembered the moment. How happy they were. He wiped the tears from his eyes. He touched the photo with his fingers and new tears formed in his eyes.
"I miss you so much brother. I miss you so much. " he said in a croaking voice as he began to cry. It was quite peculiar for a man like him to cry like this.
"Remember what you used to say. You said that you will bring my bride with me. Remember you warned me not to marry without you. Now I am going to bring my bride but you are not with me. " Samrat said as he burst out into tears. His heart clenched everytime he looked at the photoframe.
"Please come back. You can't break the promise. Please......... " he couldn't say anymore as he sat on the ground with a thud and cried harder. Hunchback entered inside his room anxiously as he heard his sobs. He looked at him and then at the photoframe, he knew what had happened. He walked towards him and sat near him.
"Big brother please don't cry. " hunchback said as he wiped his tears. Samrat cried even more.
"Why shouldn't I cry hunchback. My brother is not with me. And you are asking me not to cry. " Samrat said as he looked at the photoframe, crying.
"For how long will you keep on crying brother. He is not going to come back. No one comes back once they die. " hunchback said as he tried to console him. Samrat stood up and wiped his tears.
"I know they don't. But I feel that he has not gone. He is with me. " he said with a smile as he gazed at his beloved friend's photo.
"Brother please. He is gone, he can never come back. Try to understand. " hunchback said softly.
"No one can understand what I am feeling hunchback. I know he has not gone. My brother is with me. He can never leave me and Veera. You might not believe me but I believe myself. My brother will keep his promise, he will come on my wedding. " Samrat said with hope as he dashed towards the bathroom wiping his tears. Hunchback looked at him with pity.
"Dead man never comes back brother. He is gone. " hunchback said sadly. The moment he said that, the windows began to flail violently. He felt someone's presence in the room. He looked around himself to find himself completely alone.
"What if the brother is right!!!! That means a ghost is here. My God!!!!! Someone save me. " he yelled cowardly as he ran outside the room as fast as he could.