The challenge.....

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

The king of jaisalmer stood inside his royal chamber with his beloved wife who sat on the rosewood colour chaise lounge sofa. She was engrossed in folding her clothes neatly while her husband was occupied in fixing his tie. His mind on the other hand was too occupied in the challenge he put forward in front of his wife last night. He'd challenged her that he will compel her to come on his bed by her own howbeit he himself didn't had the slightest bit of idea as how'd he do that. His mind sadly couldn't provide him a decent idea through which he could win the challenge. Besides he was well clued up with the reality that if he fails to win the challenge than his pretty little wife will leave no opportunity to taunt him. And he doesn't wants that. Owing to the fact that he might be a lovesick man but he was a king at last and kings have their pride and he certainly didn't wanted his pretty vixen to hurt his pride. Nevertheless apart from the challenge too, he longed to share his bed with her. He wanted to start a new life with her but to his unluck his beautiful wife wasn't ready for that and he being a romeo will ne'er force her.

His mind was absolutely knackered after thinking for a plan since last night. Unfortunately his mind had gone blank and seemed to be devoid of anything let alone the plans. It was pretty bizzare and weird for his mind to turn blank as he was famed to have a sinister and a demented mind. Needless to say his demented mind was to be credited for getting him all he has today. May it be his throne of the Mafia King or as the King of Jaisalmer, his sinister mind won him both the thrones. But now his sinister mind seemed to have left him as he wasn't getting any idea from his brain and it was a reason to bother as he wanted to win the challenge anyhow. All of a sudden a single feminine yelp caught his attention. Before he could process what's happening a tiny and practically weightless figure ran into him, snuggling into his rock hard chest. He gaped as he found the love of his life sticking to him like a sloth sticks to a tree even though that was the worst example. His eyes twinkled with a hint of mischief as he wrapped his arms around her trembling figure. For past few minutes his mind was practically dead but now when she clunged to him like that, his mind began to work again needless to say that his mind was creating all the mischievous and dirty things which he couldn't tell her. After all he doesn't wants to get slapped by his wife. Nevertheless this little clinging stunt of hers was ample for his love devoid heart to feel a hint of affection and warmth. Even though he wanted more but right now even this tiny bit of affection was enough for him. He could patiently wait for her to love him.
"Baby why are you giving me 440 volt shocks. " he said as he grinned at this proximity of hers. Her lips quivered as beads of sweat kissed the skin of her forehead and he was jealous of those sweat beads.
"Co........Co..........." she stammered as her eyes gaped in the front. He chuckled in amusement as he held her trembling figure tightly in his muscular arms.
"Is that a new song baby doll. " he chuckled as he looked at her fear struken face. She paid no heed to his stupid words as she pointed her finger in the front.
"Cock.......Cockroach......." she whispered terrified as she gaped at the marble floor. He looked in the direction of her finger to find the tiny arthropod on the floor right in front of them. The shiny brown creature was resting comfortably on the floor with two antenna of his protruding from the first segment of his body. The tiny arthropod must be hideous for many but for him it was no less than an angel. What he a 6'7 man couldn't do, this creature of the size of a thumbnail did i.e. this dark brown creature compelled his beautiful stubborn wife to run into his arms which he a grown man couldn't do. Had it been possible, he would've constructed a whole shrine for this tiny arthropod. He would've performed his 'Aarti' if that was possible. This tiny creature deserved to be worshipped after it literally throwed his baby doll in his arms.
"I will feed you butter chicken I swear. " he said with a grin as he stared at the tiny arthropod. Nandini looked at him shocked.
"Huh!!!!" she whispered shocked as she witnessed this bizzare behaviour of her husband. She really thought that he'd gone barmy. Besides who feeds butter chicken to a cockroach unless it's your friend. Nevertheless poor nandini was oblivious that the cockroach was indeed her husband's friend after it landed her in his arms.
"I will do your pooja, you little brat. " he said as his eyes stared at the cockroach. He was on cloud nine after she hugged him and the credit of that goes to this tiny arthropod. Therefore this dark brown creature needs to be praised and admired.
"What are you saying, just shoo him away please. " she whispered as she looked at him scared. She was really frightened of cockroaches and with it perching in front of her, she really thought that she will have a panic attack soon. Besides the king of jaisalmer wasn't also kicking him away.
"As you say my darling. " he grinned as he harshly stomped his foot on the ground scaring the poor arthropod. The cockroach fled away at the sound of his foot. Nandini breathed a sigh of relief. Howbeit she now noticed that she was in his arms, she quickly got away from him making him frown at this distance.
"Stay away from me. " she narrowed her lids at him as she walked away flicking her hairs. He sighed.
"Baby I love you. " he yelled with a grin to which she rolled her eyes.