Chapter 15

Y/n's pov

I opened my eyes and build away seeing Luka's shocked expression. Realizing what I just did I quickly stepped back, my face flushing red and I could feel my heart race at an incredible speed.

For a moment it was deathly silent and I just looked down at my feet not daring to make eye contact. I just could not believe what I had done. That was the most stupidest thing I ever did.

" Y/n..." I heard him whisper my name with a hint of confusion making me flinch. Right now all I wanted to do was run away. Run from this awkwardness and run because I felt so embarrassed about my action. But I didn't want to cause a scene and at this point there was only one thing that came to my mind...

' I mean I just kissed him, might as well say it now since I fucked up hard, right?'  My thoughts were running wild debating whether or not I should tell him. But I remembered what Juleka told me. If I said it there was no way I could take it back. Part of me felt selfish to tell him now because he just got rejected...

Moving my head up very slowly my E/c determined eyes meet his blue ones. Building up the courage I finally spoke the words I always wanted to say. But I never thought that it would be like this. 

" I like you Luka"

Luka's pov

It took me a moment to process what she said  " Y/n d-do you mean th-.." 

" Ye-yeah I mean it like that.." she responded quickly while turning her head the other way. Silence filled the air as I just starred at her. Her hair was blowing to the side covering her face but I could see her ear which was red at the end. And her hands were balled into fists while slightly shaking.

I didn't know what to say. What was I suppose to say? I tried to think of something because I didn't like this tense atmosphere " Umm..can ask you how long? If y-you don't mind? " I pinched my nose for both the stuttering and this idiotic question. 

' 'Great I'm making it more awkward'

" I-its okey... I like yo-you for a year or so " she mumbled

' But we have been friends for a year and a half. Does that means tha-?'  

" Luka?" I looked back at her " I know what you're thinking. D-did she like me while I had feelings for Marinette? The answer is yes "

Y/n stepped towards the edge off the bridge and leaned on it " Remember when it was my first day at school ? Nobody talked to me because I was new but I also didn't feel like socializing. But you were the first one to actually start a conversation with me. And from that day on you would always sit with me. But I begin to like you when we started to call each other best friends. "

Y/n paused and put a hair behind her ear " Whenever you play on your guitar the sounds that you create always make me feel warm and relaxed. I always enjoy our time together...but the day you told me that you fell in love with someone. That was something that I didn't like. It made me fell jealous but also upset knowing that you didn't like me back...Pretty childish I know"

Processing what she said I walked over and stopped right next to her " Y/n did it bother you? All those times I talked to you about Marinette? Did I...hurt you? " I began to feel guilty, guilty that I may had hurt her feelings without knowing

" If I have to be honest you did.." she chuckled " But you don't have to fell guilty. After all you didn't know."

For some reason I desperately wanted to ask her why she never told me this sooner. But that didn't matter. I know how hard it is to tell your feelings. However there was still one question that I needed her to answer.

" Why did you help me with Marinette if you had feelings for me? Normally girls that are in that kind of situation would never help. You could have done the same thing "

Y/n fiddled with her fingers " Yeah your right about that...But the main reason I helped you is because you are my best friend. Plus what kind of friend would that have made me if I had ruined your change with Marinette on purpose? I didn't want my jealousy to go that far.  " she gave me closed eye smile.

I could hear how sincere she meant everything.

" Luka you don't have to give me answer. I already know you don't feel the same way " she let out a shaky breath

" Sorr-"

" You don't have to apologies either " her voice cracked . "Anyway I'll go home now, it's getting pretty late and cold plus we have school tomorrow. " 

" Let me at least walk you home " I didn't feel okey to let her go by herself

"  No need for that I'll be fine so don't worry " She waved her hands in front her face and smiled " Anyway I apologies for the unexpected kiss, I didn't mean this evening to end like is"

" It's okey... " 

" Well see you tomorrow at school. " Patting my shoulder she ran to the other side of the bridge. My eyes followed her figure until I couldn't see her anymore. The wind blew lightly and I felt a cold bries hitting my face.

" Well that wasss quite ssomething"

Turning my head towards the voice I saw Sass floating next to me " Are you okey? "

Shaking my head I sat on the bench, head low  " I don't know.. I guess but I'm more worried about her. She sounded pretty upset..."

" You sshould give her some time." Sass sat on my shoulder " She really needs that the mossst. It must have taken quiet the courage to tell you thisss "

" Yes I know " I stood up " But I can't leave her like this " I knew Y/n better than anyone else and I could guess what she would do once she was home.

" Luka don't tell me your planning to go after her. I don't think ssshe will appreciate that. " The snake kwami said with a stern expression.

" Don't worry, it's not me who's going"