<17>

Jess:

Everything is moving in slow motion.

Odd...

I feel a tug on my arm as I turn to look up at Jen. Her eyes are filled with fear, something I've never seen on the face of my fearless friend.

"What's happening?" I whisper out, but it's drowned out by the sounds of the battle happening just steps in front of us.

My legs are like jelly as I try to drag myself away from the fight I see in front of me. Beckett is fighting off three smaller wolves as I feel another tug...

Skyler.

His mouth is moving but surprisingly, I can't hear anything he's saying.

Why aren't my ears working right now?

I finally find the courage to run up the hill when 3 more wolves move in front of us.

"On the right!"

"Move to the west side, We need 5 more...!"

"Take the Females down below now!"

"They're attacking from all sides!"

"Omega warriors...! Needed...!"

I throw my hands to my head and fall to the ground as Jennikah tried to help me up again. My head is pulsing with energy. The wild energy is spreading,

I can hear everyone?

I roar out loud as I lock eyes on the wolf in front of me.

Eyes as Blue as Eli's but his coat is pitch black. Small speaks of silver stuck out around his eyes. He was larger than Eli, yet he looked smaller in power. He held no fear, but his energy felt so low.

His eyes.

They are glowing like the color of a roaring fire. He sat starring at us, still as possible.

What did he want?

We're so far from the castle where most of the battle is thundering at the moment.

The more I focus on him, the stronger my anger grew.

How dare these wolves come invade this beautiful place and threaten MY FAMILY!

The stronger my emotions grew, the brighter the energy inside me grew.

I slowly stood up, a small voice in the back of my head pushing more forward. 

"You can do this... Trust in your power..."

The energy flowing through me is like a powerful flame building.

It's burning, nearly scorching me from the inside out.

The images of our Warriors being attacked begin to flood my brain. There's so much pain, so much hatred.

I didn't realize how close I was to this wolf. I could smell his disgusting smell fill my nose as His little friends began to back up in fear. I smirked. I felt their fear.

"JESSICA! NO!" I heard Sky yell from behind me.

"Trust your POWER!" I heard a yell inside me.

I roared at the top of my lungs, letting out an ear piercing scream.

I wanted all the voices to stop, I wanted this fire gone, and I wanted it to stop every rogue wolf attacking us.