Chapter 1

“Ok, Aziraphale. Think. Think!” Truthfully, Aziraphale was thinking quite a bit. He didn’t need any encouragement in that department. He just needed to organize his thoughts and choose what action to take.

Aziraphale had gotten back to his bookshop, after having lunch at the Ritz with Crowley, a few hours ago. During these hours he thought about their time together, especially the time leading up to the not-pocalypse. He thought about their feelings for each other. What he thinks Crowley feels about him (based on signs he wanted to believe he was reading correctly), and what he knows he feels for Crowley. Eventually he came to a conclusion. Now that Heaven and Hell were letting earth be, Aziraphale finally felt ready to, in his words, court Crowley. This realization sent his mind spinning. He had so many ideas. He just didn’t know what to do first!

He gasped, as he realized what he should start with. “That should do nicely…” he trailed off as he quickly bustled over to the phone. The angel dialed the number with impressive speed, as he had called it many times before.

Crowley heard the phone ring while he was putting on his black silk robe. His current attire consisted of the robe, black underwear, and fuzzy black socks. He fell asleep wearing this most nights (he had multiples of all of these items), sometimes without the robe.

The ringing of the phone tore his mind from dazed thoughts of a certain angel he knew. He stood there for a few seconds, letting the phone ring. Who would be calling at this time of night anyways? It was 1:37 am. He let the phone go to voicemail.

“You know what to do, do it with style,” Crowley’s recorded message said to Aziraphale. He sighed and started to record his message, with what he hoped was style.

“My dearest, Crowley-” Crowley grabbed the phone off the receiver as quickly as he could.

“What’s up, angel?” He asked, trying to hide his excitement.

“Ah! Hello! I was slightly worried you had fallen asleep,” Aziraphale was now beaming, beyond elated to finally ask Crowley something he’d wanted to for years.

Crowley was grinning too. “Was there any specific reason you called?”

“Why yes!” Aziraphale was so excited, Crowley could hear it in his voice. “I was calling to ask,” he closed his eyes, preparing himself, “if you’d be open to starting a courtship?”

Crowley was stunned. He had a goofy smile on his face that he had no control over. His mind was filled with the purest joy and happiness, he couldn’t form words to say to Aziraphale. He was so red, it reached down his neck to the top of his bare chest. Inside his chest, his heart felt like it was going to beat its way out. Finally his brain landed on a wonderful realization that he was able to say out loud. “Courtship usually ends in marriage…”

“Yes…” now Aziraphale turned red. “If you don’t want marriage I understand, but that’s my ideal ending… If you’re open to it of course.” He tugged on his collar uncomfortably, suddenly afraid that he had misread 6000 years worth of signs from Crowley.

Crowley had used this time to gather his thoughts, for the most part. He tried to keep the excitement out of his voice as he responded, “I’m open to it,”

Aziraphale sighed audibly into the phone, releasing his previous tension and smiling softly. “Oh! That’s just excellent. Alright that’s all I called for, see you tomorrow, dearest,” and with that he hung up the phone.

Crowley was stunned. He stood silently with his phone in his hand for a couple minutes, his mind racing incoherently. Eventually a huge grin broke out on his face. He put his phone back and laughed into his hands.

The demon couldn’t stop laughing. He galloped into the other room to rant to his plants.

When he burst in all of the plants started to shake. “Guys!!” He yelled happily, jumping and skipping around the room. “Oh my- so you remember Aziraphale? The angel I’ve had my heart set on for God knows how long!?! He just-” Crowley interrupted himself with a laugh- “he asked if we could start a courtship!! Awh he’s so old fashioned- I mean who says that?! But- God I’m- He- I said ‘don’t courtships usually end in marriage?’ and he said yes!!! He wants to marry me!!!!” Crowley scoffed, “‘Too fast’ my arse. Which of us is racing ahead now hm? I wonder what changed his mind. I’ll have to ask him. Tomorrow! He said ‘see you tomorrow!’ I wonder what he has planned. Does he have anything planned? I mean he said courtship… Is he… Is he going to… woo me?” Crowley considered this for a few seconds and stopped his restless movements. At this point the plants had mostly stopped shaking, as they realized he wasn’t really here for them, he just wanted someone to talk to. “What would that even entail? This is so… Aziraphale. Yes. All of this is very Aziraphale…” Crowley laughed again, throwing his arms into the air as he proclaimed, “and I love it!!!!”

Meanwhile (after he had squealed and jumped around for a few minutes), Aziraphale was figuring out what exactly tomorrow would entail. He didn’t want to go too over-the-top on the first day. He had been coming up with ideas for centuries, his mind was very jumbled. “Ah!” eventually he came up with a plan that was, in his opinion, quite perfect.

~!~
So that was the first chapter! If you liked it please vote and comment, it means the world to me. I'll update with the next chapter soonish, so stick around to find out what our favorite angel does next!! (I feel so cliché with all of this but I want to entice people to read XD)