Chapter 3

It was a cloudy afternoon, and Aziraphale was leaving the post office to go to the same florist he visited the day before.

Wooden wind chimes jangled when Aziraphale opened the door. "Welcome!" the shop owner greeted without looking up from the bouquet he was tying with ribbon.

"Hello!" Aziraphale responded cheerily. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he reveled in the flower shop's ambience. It felt loved.

The shop owner looked up when he heard the familiar voice. "Ah, you're back! Did that lad of yours like my flowers?" He rested his elbows on the counter and held his face in his hands. He was a rather large man with thick, strong arms that were covered in hair, which made him seem intimidating, but he also had one of the kindest faces Aziraphale had ever seen.

"I believe he did! I'd like some more, please. His house could do with a spot of color," Aziraphale toyed at the idea of filling Crowley's flat with flowers. He decided that this wouldn't be a goal, but if it coincidentally came to be reality he would not complain. He smiled at the thought... flowers on Crowley's kitchen counter, desk, bedside table, toilet... Aziraphale quickly stopped his thoughts before they became sinful.

"Are there any colors in particular you're looking for?" the owner asked as he walked out from behind the counter.

"Why yes! Would you happen to have any pastel bouquets today?" The angel quite enjoyed pastels.

"I do!" the owner replied with an air of excitement, as he quickly walked to one of the displays and grabbed a bouquet of lightly colored flowers. "How do these look?"

"Oh! Those should be perfect," Aziraphale gently took them from the florist's outstretched hand.

"Great!" they walked over to the counter so he could pay.

"You'll probably be seeing quite a bit of me," Aziraphale made conversation as he subtly pulled a banknote out of thin air. "I believe flowers are one of the most romantic gifts," he smiled and handed the money to the man.

"I definitely agree. I gave my wife many flowers in the beginning of our relationship. I still give her many now, just not every day," he looked past Aziraphale and out the windows of his shop, as if he could see a younger him out on the street giving his sweetheart a pretty bouquet. He ran a hand through his long, unkempt, graying hair and smiled at Aziraphale. "I'm sure you'll win this boy's affections. You're a very sweet lad."

Aziraphale put a hand over his heart. "Thank you," he said earnestly.

"Have a nice date," the man handed the angel the flowers he had paid for.

"Thanks, mate. I'll see you soon!" Aziraphale smiled as he left the shop. He had forgotten about the dreary weather when he was inside, but it didn't dampen his mood. He was going to see Crowley!

~×~

Crowley was in his plant room when he heard a gentle knock on the door. He smiled and quickly got up, knowing he wasn't acquainted with anyone else who knocked that politely.

He had spent the past two hours in his plant room. He went in to put the flowers the angel had gotten him in there, and stayed to tell the plants all about Aziraphale. They were his most trusted confidants.

He opened the door, "Angel! Ah! More flowers?" he stepped aside to let Aziraphale in.

"Yes!" Aziraphale seemed to be in a great mood, which slightly surprised Crowley. The demon had been in a rather gloomy mood, since it looked like it was going to rain. "Aren't the colors beautiful?" the angel said as he handed them to the demon and stepped into the flat.