Kill My Mind

I continued to stare on as he continued towards the stage, my poster tucked under his arm. Everyone was malling him as he moved forward, but he was surprisingly collected and just kept high-fiving and hugging everyone he could. He made it to the stage and continued to sing. Dancing around the stage. My poster no longer under his arm. Where did it go? I swear if that boy- Harry moved forward bending down and picking something up from someone in the pit. My poster. When did he give it to someone?

     He stood back up, holding it over his head as screams erupted from everyone around me. I couldn't help the scream that came out of my mouth as I watched him move around the stage with it. As if he was a boxing ring referee calling next match.

     "Just a little bit of kindness! OWWW" He screamed into the mic as the band stopped. The screaming around me continued as he started to laugh on stage. "Play the fish song, this poster says. I like that a lot and I think we will," Harry said holding the poster out in front of him. I was hoping someone was recording this, because I, sure as heck wasn't. "But before we do that, can someone point me in the direction of the lovely lady this poster came from?"

     My cheeks went beet red as my eyes shot open in shock. Everyone around me began to cheer, turning to me and pointing. I brought my hands up to cover my face because I wasn't sure what it looked like and now tens of thousands of people were looking at me. I peeked an eye through my fingers and back on stage.

     Sure enough, a camera was on me and I could see a bigger me on the concert TVs. I looked away from them not being able to bear seeing myself on the screen. I looked back to Harry who was shaking his head a laugh on his lips.

     "Now now, you can't hide. What's your name?" He asked moving as close to the edge of the stage as he could.

     "DJ," I said so that only I and maybe the person standing next to me could hear. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. This is what I came for, but now that it was happening, I was scared to death.

     "You're going to have to speak a little louder than that, love."

     Oh god this isn't happening, is all I could think. But it was and if I wanted Gabby to have the best birthday ever I needed to suck it up and live in the moment and quit thinking about my anxieties.

     "DJ!" I yelled, still not sure he could hear me.

     "LJ?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

     "DJ!" I and everyone else around me yelled.

     "Wow, you need to calm down. I heard you the first time. LJ," he laughed at his joke. I remembered this act from when he performed with 1D. I rolled my eyes. "Just kidding. Just kidding. DJ, this is your niece?" He asked pointing to the pictures of her on the poster. All I could do was nod.

     "Wow. Well DJ, what is your niece called?" I raised my hands to yell again but he stopped me, "hold on let's try something else. If everyone is quiet enough, Why don't you tell the people in front of you and they'll tell the people in front of them and so on till it reaches me, sound good?"

     I nodded but everyone else yelled.

     "Wooooooow, I did say quiet didn't I?" He exclaimed as he moved his hand down and then back up again quickly in a "quiet down" motion. I, for what felt like the hundredth time during the encounter rolled my eyes. He truly was the "King of Entertainment".

     Everyone quieted down and I leaned forward telling them Gabby's name. It quickly made its way forward. When it made it to the end Harry bent down low and cupped his ear. Gabby was yelled at him and he over dramatically stumbled backward and then pretended to catch something in the air and then proceeded to take his clenched fist and place it next to his ear and slowly opened his hand.