Chapter 15: Sunny Side

Hunter checked his cellphone to make sure that the time on his wristwatch was correct because when he walked into Hailey's class, she wasn't there and her students were gone too. The pleasant expression on his face instantly turned into a scowl that frightened the three boys standing near the opened lockers.

"Hey, you three," he called them out and startled them.

"Y-yes," said the tallest.

"Where is Hail-" he paused- "where's Ms. Swan?"

The boys looked at each other, and then, they looked at the shortest to answer. "She's in classroom 301, Sir," he answered.

"Alright, thanks," Hunter said and then his scowl returned to them. "By the way, why aren't you three in class?"

"We have a period off, Sir," said the shortest boy.

Hunter laid his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Thanks, kid."

"It's Brody," he crossed his arms.

"Oh," said Hunter. "You're Lauren's kid, right?"

"Yes," Brody answered like he was bored. "Classroom 301 is down the end of the hall on the right. Ms. Swan should be there with the senior students."

"I know where the classroom is." Hunter was dumbfounded at the boy who didn't even reach Hunter's hip and here he was giving Hunter instructions, like he was some schoolboy. Hunter shook his head at the attitude kids had nowadays, but who was he kidding? Hunter was even worse than them at their age.

He thanked them and made his way towards classroom 301. It didn't take him long to navigate through the halls, and each corner-turn had numbering signs that made it easier to find classrooms. Hunter was sure that this was Klaus's idea- that guy always found ways to make their lives easier. Weirdly enough, he remembered Brody's instructions even though he knew where to go. Hunter found himself in front of the classroom, the large windows gave the perfect view inside the class and there she was.

Hunter almost dropped the cups of coffee that was in his hands when she turned around with a smile that pierced his heart. She was absolutely radiant in that class under the sun and in that dress; the tight bodice of the lavender lace perfectly molded to the curve of her small waist, the strapless lace secured her heavy breasts that he adored tremendously and shaped into a lovely sweetheart neckline. At the slightest movement of her swaying hips the skirt followed, the long flimsy fabric ended around her calves and she endured the height of the brutal black heels effortlessly. Hunter wanted to march right in there and kiss her glossy pink lips that reminded him of last night.

The sun hid behind a cloud and the school bell rang though the halls of the Institute. Hailey looked at the clock and her eyes widened when they spotted him, she quickly looked away but Hunter noticed that she was flustered enough that a dusty rose coloured her cheeks.

The class of students packed their bags and dropped the book that they were all reading on the table at the front. Quickly, all the doors in the hall opened almost simultaneously and kids poured out and rushed towards their lockers to go home for the day. The kids in Hailey's class opened the door and some walked out after noticing him with surprised expressions. He walked into the classroom and finally the scent of his mate bonded with his own again and he felt complete.

Hailey looked up from her purse. "Hi," she said with long breath like she was still shy around him.

"Hey," Hunter found himself smiling all on his own. He leaned down and kissed her lips, something he had been eagerly waiting to do. He broke the quick kiss and looked down into her eyes. "I hope you had a good day."