1 -Out of Joja

Another hopeless day, slaving away for Joja. No breaks, no change, no surprise.

"Knock knock"

"Hmm?"

"I got you coffee!"

"Oh thank you so much Jonah, your a lifesaver"

"No problem Y/N."

Jonah was the one person that stayed with me through my ups and downs, we moved to Zuzu City after college and rented an apartment together, we were both technically drop outs. We both worked for Joja and became very close. We both suffer, through Joja. The way they watch us through that glass makes it seem like we're test rats. NOT a very good feeling as you may assume.

With a sip of my fresh brewed coffee that Jonah brought me, I managed to push out the words, "ugh. I'm so hopeless and tired of this place." Yet using the word hopeless triggered a memory, a distant memory of grandpa.. then I remembered.

"THE LETTER!"

All eyes were on me, but I didn't care. Being stared at was better than being stuck here, one more day of Joja's sad, pathetic office would break me. I tore through the desk drawers and felt a wave of relief rush over me as I saw the purple wax sealed envelope at the bottom of my drawer. I picked it up and slowly opened it.

"Dear Y/N, if your reading this, you must be in dire need of a change. The same thing happened to me long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life, real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong. I've enclosed the deed to that place... my pride and joy: Free Farm. It's located in Stardew Valley, on the southern coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life. This was my most precious gift of all, and now it's yours. I know you'll honor the family name, my dear. Good luck.
- love, grandpa
P.s. if Lewis is still alive say hi to the old guy for me, will ya?"

After a tear or two, I decided I needed to get goin. I walked into my bosses office as Jonah echoed in the background "Oooooo..." as if we were children. I slapped the envelope down on the desk, not letting my boss read it but enough to where he knew something was up. "I QUIT." And with that, I walked out. Not having anything but my letter. As I walked past Jonah he said, "I'll see you when I get home." It was left at that. When I got home I started to pack, IMMEDIATELY. A few hours later, Jonah got back and started asking all these questions, but the one that stuck out was "what was that letter even about?"
I explained to Jonah, it was a letter from my grandpa, and the rest. Soon Jonah helped me pack my bags and I was ready to head out the door. I said goodbye to Jonah and soon Stardew valley would be my home

I was on the bus, nerves running up and down my spine, as a sign read "stardew valley 0.5 miles" after a long ride with nerves I stepped out of the bus, after it pulled up to a beautiful green place. To my surprise, the first thing to happen was a beautiful young lady, "Hello! You must be Y/N." I was extremely surprised and shocked.

"Yeah, thats me! But how did you-"

"I'm Robin, the local carpenter. Mayor Lewis sent me here to fetch you and show you the way to your new home! He's there right now, tidying things up for your arrival."

Oh, that makes a lot more sense.
"Well, hello Robin!"

"The farms right over here it you'll follow me."

"Ok!"

She began to walk to the pathway out of the busses sight view, I ran to catch up to her. She led me on a path to the left, I could see a town to the right. When I stepped into the farms property, I was surprised. It was so close to the bus, and so beautiful! My thoughts were cut off by Robin, "This is Free farm." I turned to see the rest of the land and, "GAH!"

"What's the matter?"

"It's just so... overgrown!"

"Sure, it's a bit overgrown, but there's some good soil underneath that mess!"

"That's nice to hear.."

"With a little dedication you'll have it cleaned up in no time.. and here we are! Your new home!"

Robin and I walked up the steps and suddenly an old man, (WITH A MUSTACHE THAT COULD KILL) opened the door. "Ah, the new farmer!"

Oh, so that must be Lewis.

"Welcome! I'm Lewis, Mayor of Pelican Town."

Bingo.

"Yknow, everyone's been asking about you. It's not everyday that someone new moves in. It's quite a big deal!"

After some conversations about grandpa and other gibbergabber about a box that I can sell stuff in, I finally went inside. I was so tired that I just plopped onto my bed, and before falling asleep, the words echoed in my head "maybe introduce yourself to everyone. They'd appreciate that." And with that, my first night in pelican town was over.

Please let me know if anything seems wrong here, and leave a comment! Thank you for reading!